glossary.

mating:

a gift from the goddess Aphrodite (goddess of love and beauty); since mates are gifts from Aphrodite rejection is quite unlikely. when a mate does get rejected for whatever reason it is quite frowned upon and people tend to turn their backs to the rejected.

marking: mates usually mark each other upon primal urge (unless rejected of course).

_____________________________________

nymph: a spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden.

types of nymphs:

(just a small list of nymphs that will be mentioned in this book)

Acheloids (from the river Achelous)

Alseids (groves)

Dryads (forests)

Leimoniads (meadows)

Naiads (springs and rivers)

Oreads (mountains)

life span: immortal

nymphs tend to be happy go, lucky creatures who can also be very naive to people around them, nymphs are often said to be some of the most beautiful creatures. nymphs do not specify to one gender, although it is much more common to spot a female rather than a male nymph. nymphs are a small population because they can only be purebred and nymphs usually become mated with other species. nymphs are seen to be some of the kindest creatures.

nymphs look up to the goddess Demeter (goddess of the harvest).

(no specific hierarchy)

____________________________________________

lycanthrope: a human with the ability to turn into a wolf; with wolf-like characteristics.

(werewolves and lycans are basically the same thing in this book)

lycans tend to be brute and savage-like. they have a strict hierarchy (alpha, beta, gamma, etc.). Mates and mating is extremely important to lycans, lycans don't reject mates simply because it goes against their culture and beliefs.

lycans look up to the goddess Artemis/Selene (goddess of the moon/hunt)

life span: immortal

_______________________________________________

demons: an evil spirit that acts as an evil spirit that torments humans on earth.

there are two types of demons; there are no specific species of demon. the first type of demons are the ones that assist Hades in hell, the second type of demon is the ones that walk around on Earth and cause a nuisance to people. demons usually chose to live the independent so they are usually the ones that reject their mates. they also don't feel emotions.

life span: dead

demons worship the god Hades (god of the underworld)

_________________________________________________

sirens: a creature that lures people (mostly males) with their looks and voice into the water so they can eat them.

sirens are deceptive beauties; they give off the illusion that they are beautiful but are quite hideous. sirens live in the water. sirens worship the idea of mates but are often not often rewarded with a mate due to their need for water and murderous lifestyle.

life span: mortal (about 300 years)

sirens worship the god Poseidon (god of water)

__________________________________________________

humans

mortals with no special ability.

life span: about 70 years

don't usually have mates.

____________________________________________________

Just a helpful list of the creaturesand their abilities in the book.

thanks :)

. Lucy .