Hanging By A Moment

"I'm desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you..."

-----------------------------

"So. You worried?"

Helen Truax - or, rather, Elastigirl - turns around to meet the gaze of her inquiring companion, the edges of her lips twitching upward into a tiny smirk as she rolls her eyes in response to the question.

"You asked me that five minutes ago."

He pouts, and the stark contrast between his towering stature and the juvenile look on his face almost makes Helen burst into laughter. 

"I did not."

She rolls her eyes yet again before returning her attention to the blinding white expanse of clouds rapidly spilling out before them. "You did. And you asked five minutes before that. Look, I'm not worried, and no, my answer hasn't changed in the last ten minutes. So you don't have to keep asking." 

She hears him shift his weight in the cabin behind her, and the telltale thump-thump of his footsteps against the floor draws closer. "Then why did you go back to the cockpit? I thought we were on autopilot."

Helen lets out a deep sigh and pushes herself up from the pilot's seat, twisting her body to face the man hovering just a few paces behind her. "I told you. I just need to check if everything's all right every now and then until it's time to land at the base. There's nothing to worry about."

"Heh, I'll believe that when we actually land, thank you very much."

He folds his arms across his broad chest, and his brow furrows in a way that makes something stir in her gut - that's been happening a lot lately, and far more often than she cares to admit. But she chooses to ignore the sensation before the thoughts buried deep in the furthest corners of her mind seize their chance to overwhelm her. She's on a mission, after all. No use in letting herself get distracted, even if there's no present danger.

"You know, for someone who calls himself 'Mr. Incredible', you sure are one hell of a wimp."

His jaw drops open in outrage. "I am not a wimp!"

Helen snorts, brushing past the man in question, once again ignoring the annoying feelings swirling in her lower abdomen at the brief second of contact. "I dunno. You sure sound like one."

"I have legitimate concerns!"

"Mysteriously disappearing somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle is not a 'legitimate concern', Bob."

"Yes, it is!" Mr. Incredible - Bob - cries, trailing after Helen as she stretches to open an overhead compartment and grab a cooler of food. "Just because you think the stories are ridiculous doesn't mean they aren't true!"

"There's been no evidence to corroborate any of it." 

"No evidence?! How do you explain the missing boats we're supposed to be investigating?"