piece no. 11

ㅡ carmia

ㅡ carmia

I stare out the window as I move my fingers, wanting to feel the piano again but everytime I try to think about it, my head starts to hurt.

The door opened, revealing a person I don't really know. He smiled at me but his eye smile is cute.

"I'm Lee Jeno, a close friend of your brother. He told me to watch over you today." He said as he placed a bag on the sofa.

"Is your head hurting? Do you need water?" He asked then I nodded. He smiled and gave me a bottle of water. I smiled at him before taking it and drinking it.

"Your brother told me a lot about you. I heard that you really love playing the piano and you're even famous in Europe.

That's really talent there." He said then I just nodded.

"Thank you.. but after the accident, when I think about the piano, my head starts to hurt a bit." I said then he stand up beside me before caressing my hair.

"You'll get better, I can make sure of that." He said before smiling. I felt myself blushing at his smile but I smiled back and nodded.

「 6 months later 」

I exited the bathroom before smiling at Jeno and Taeyong.

"Do I look okay?" I asked then they both gave me a thumbs up.

"I'll tell Manager-nim." Taeyong said before leaving the room. Jeno starts walking towards me with a small bag. He then pulled out a hair clip out of it.

He clipped it on my hair, making me blush. He then caressed my hair and before showing me his eye smile once again.

"Such a cute and beautiful girl."

ㅡ jeno

I guided Carmia to the lobby. On our way there, I held her hand.

I smiled at her then I noticed her becoming red again. I chuckled and pull her closer to me.

Ever since I watched her perform for the very first time, I've become attached to her. Her performance was so moving that it made me fall for her.

But I found out that Jaemin likes her, I stayed in my lane but Taeyong Hyung told me to watch over her, I didn't even hesitate.

These past 6 months was me falling for her even more, was me learning more about her.

"Hurry up, you two! We're going to meet the other boys!" Taeyong Hyung shouted then we both run to him, our hands still intertwined.

▔▔▔▔▔
When we entered the restuarant and go to the second floor, there are the other boys. I noticed Jaemin shocked to see Carmia.

"Sit beside me and Hyung." I said then she nodded. I made her sit down first, between me and Hyung.

"Let's introduce ourselves, shall we?" Taeyong Hyung said then we all nodded.

Everyone starts introducing themselves, one by one and when it got to Jaemin, there was a pause.

"I'm Na Jaemin.." He said, frowning. Renjun patted his back as Carmia's face lit up.

"Yes, Taeyong talks about you. He said we're both childhood friends but cut off ties when I decided to study in Europe.

I'm sorry that I can't really remember you clearly, Jaemin-ah." She apologized then Jaemin tries not to cry and cover it with a smile.

"No, no, it's okay... it's not like there was something between us anyway." He lied but Carmia just looked confused.

Foods was starting being served and I patted Carmia's head.

"Eat slowly." I said then she just widely and sweetly smiled at me.

"Why won't you taste it first?" She reach out her chopstick with the pork belly. I take a bite and I wowed.

"It's really good." I said as she nodded and I watch her eat.

Right, if I continue being like this, I'm such a bad friend.

Taking advantage with the girl I like just because she forgot about the boy she likes for years.

Taking advantage on her, in front of him, of my best friend.

I'm so fucking selfish.

I look at Jaemin as he looks like he's about to cry, just by seeing me and Carmia happy together.

Our eyes was staring directly at each other. His eyes was filled with jealousy and sadness.

If she hadn't forgotten about him, he would be in my shoes and I would be in his but no, she did forget about him.

"Jeno, there's a piano there." Carmia pointed at the side and I nodded.

"What about it?" I asked her, confused then she stands up. She stares at it before looking at me again.

"I want to play it, can I?" She asked then I look at Hyung first for permission but he just nodded. I smiled and slowly nodded.

She starts to walk towards it. She sit down on the stool, adjusting it. She placed her hand on the keys before she starts playing it.

Love's Sorrow.

She often talks about it in the hospital but also makes me listen to it. I end up loving it as well.

It's like a rollercoaster of love. A lot of loops and turns.

It can totally show the hardship of the couple yet it has that happy tone to it as well. It had that hint of happiness in the piece.

I look at Jaemin and a tear finaly fell from his eye. I bite my lip and Hyung starts nudging my shoulder.

"I kinda think that Carmia is getting attached on you actually." He said, causing everyone to look at me, even Jaemin that has a slight sense of fear in his eyes.

"Do you like her, Jeno?" Doyoung suddenly asked me then I blushed. I look at Carmia and she suddenly smiled at me.

The answer is really clear, I do like her.

"Do I have to answer that question that makes me selfish?" I said then everyone seems shock by my words but Haechan only smirked.

"Yes, you should."

"I do, I do like her." I said then Jaemin looks down in fear. Yes, I'm a selfish friend.

I'm a bad friend.

"Wah..this is so interesting."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔