One: Gumball in Wonderland (Part One)

a/n: I wrote this in August.

He always smelled of the forest and Axe body wash. His smell would always fill a room when he entered, and although sometimes the copper scent of blood mingled with it, he trumped things that were bad. 

He trumped things that were normal; he made his own brand of normal.

He looked no younger than eighteen, but he was really thousands of years old. He looked like your average angsty teenage boy, but he was really the king of all vampires. I suppose if you were not in the habit of looking closely at beings such as himself, you'd think that he was lucky to have great skin and killer lips. If you looked any closer, the demons lurking inside of those deep red-wine eyes would size you up right before they ate you alive.

He typically wore red plaid flannel shirts and tight black skinny jeans that made you want to guess how much muscle was underneath them. His short black hair was always ruffled perfectly, long pieces of charcoal bangs falling gently in between his brow, falling gently around his face.

His personality was the type that told you he didn't care on the outside but that everything mattered on the inside. Sometimes the cold that he displayed on the outside made its way inside his undead heart and there would be days when he genuinely didn't care at all. Days when he left and didn't come back because we both thought there was nothing I could do that could save him.

Thinking about him stirs a pain so deeply inside of my candy heart that I know there was a way I could save him... That I could save us.

But who am I? I am unsure without him.

Who I used to be... Who I am, at least partially, is Prince Bubba Gumball of the Candy Kingdom...

And I'm in love with him--Marshall Lee, king of the vampires.