Chapter 7 - Think Of Me

Warning : Profanity + Steamy stuff (No smut smut though chill)

-

By the time the movie had ended, Alexander, Elizabeth, John, and Maria had already left the building. They had left in pairs.

The sun had begun to set on the chilly autumn day. A beautiful gradient of blue to orange began to form.

From cold to warm. From sadness to joy.

A beautiful turn of events. But would it stay that way for long?

-

Two young men wandered around the bustling streets, not necessarily going anywhere. A calming sense of comfort swam in the wind as the two continued to walk together, hand-in-hand.

John knew it was wrong, but who could blame him?

Sure. Alexander was engaged. But that's the reason why. Couldn't he be able to live his life how he wanted, before it's too late?

Call him selfish all you want, but he was desperate. Deprived of intimacy. Fuelled by his jealousy of Elizabeth, and his deprivation of love, greed, slowly but surely, started to consumed his brain. An intoxicating substance, drugging him into being made a puppet, controlled by his hunger for love.

Of course, he felt guilty about it, but it's not like we can control emotions ourselves. They just happen, leaving us vulnerable to overwhelming thoughts and reckless actions.

"Where are you taking me?" He asked the dark-haired man.

Alexander thought for a while before speaking up, "Well... There's a pretty nice diner downtown. It sells these awesome pies." He beamed. John smiled at him and nodded, eagerly, and they made their way to the small, yet popular, diner.

It wasn't long, before they were standing in front of their destination. A bright, retro sign shone at the boys' faces.

'Lulu's Pies'.

The two entered the little location and the comforting feeling grew as people chatted in quiet conversations. A toasty, bakery warmth filled the air and the smell of freshly-made pies came from the kitchen.

John and Alexander sat down in a vacant booth next to a window and continued to small talk as they waited for a waiter. Shortly after, a shy girl with glasses came up to them.

"Hiya! My name's Dawn and I'll be your waitress for today. What can I get y'all?" She chirped and got out a notepad and pencil at the ready.

"Oh! I'll have a slice of raspberry pie, please. And he'll have..?" Alexander looked at John.

"Hmm... Apple crumble for me, thanks." He smiled at the waitress. "Alright. It might take a while, our pies are quite a favourite." She said, sheepishly scratching the back of her neck. "It's alright. I'm sure they're worth the wait." John reassured her making her smile in gratitude. She walked away, leaving the other two alone again.

After a short while, she came back to the booth with their orders. "Here you are!" She set the plates down on the table as John and Alex payed for their own meals, not forgetting to thank the waitress as she walked away. Almost immediately, they dived into their dishes, not caring if they looked like absolute pigs while they did so, all the time while stalking people on Instagram together.