Phuljhari

"Yeh phuljhari kon hai?" Sameeksha heard a comment that was clearly targeted to her, "Abhishek Banna ki hone wali beendni" Choti Thakurain replied. "Fir to boht acchi kismat hai Abhishek ki" Nahar, Choti Thakurain's son, said looking at Sameeksha.

Sameeksha just ignored him, she was sitting with a few guests.

"Woh esa hi hai Kuwrani sa" A princess said, "koi kucch kehta kyu nhi usse?" Sameeksha asked, "sab Choti Thakurain se darrte hai, aur Rani Maa takk koi baat pohonchti nhi" The princess replied. Sameeskha sighed.

She found Abhishek and went to him, "suno" She said, he hummed, "tumhara bhai boht cheap hai by God" She said.

"Excuse me? How dare you?" Abhishek said immediately, Sameeksha widened her eyes, "cheap comments pass kar raha, aur uski maa bhi usko kucch nhi bol rhi" She complained.

"Uski maa? Uski konsi maa?" He asked, "Choti Thakurain" She replied. "Choti...ohh!!! Nahar Banna ki baat kar rhi ho?" He asked, "haan vahi" She said.

"Woh esa hi hai, chodo usko" He said, "arey! Usne mujhe phuljhari kaha" She said, he chuckled.

"To ho na tum phuljhari" He teased her, "Abhishek mazak mat karo" She said annoyed, "Sameeksha ese logo ke muh lagne se kya mil jaega? Bakwaas kar raha hai, karne do. Ignore karo usko" He said. "Fine" She said and left.

Abhishek started talking to his childhood friends, when suddenly, he heard a familiar voice, "ladies and gentleman" Abhishek turned towards the staircase, "sabse pehle to welcome to Jaipur" Sameeksha said.

He widened his eyes and then closed them slowly. Satvik and Saanvi, who were also present, looked at each other and then at Sameeksha.

"Aap sab soch rahe honge yeh ladki kon hai" She said, "me hu phuljhari" She said proudly, "kyu Nahar Banna?" She asked looking at him. Nahar awkwardly looked at the people who were staring at him.

"Mene to suna tha royals boht izzat se baat karte hai, lekin Nahar Banna ko dekh kar esa lagta hai jese ke woh ek gawaar ho jisse Choti Thakurain Jaipur ki kisi sadak se uthake laai hai" She said.

"Oh fuck. Esi baat ke lie to isko jail me daal denge" Abhishek said to himself and went to her.

"Baat karne ki tameez nhi hai tujhe chori" Choti Thakurain said staring at her, "tameez shayad aapko aur aapke bete ko seekhni chahiye" Sameeksha replied.

Choti Thakurain raised her hand to hit Sameeksha, but Abhishek stood in front of her and received a tight slap on his left cheek.

Rani Maa went to them, "kya tamaasha lagaya hai aap sab ne?" She asked in a low voice.

Abhishek looked at Choti Thakurain, "iss thappad ka jawaab nhi dunga me, kyu ki shayad isme Sameeksha ki galati thi" He said, "lekin agar me jawaab dene pe aaya na" He said in a warning tone, "to aap dono ki zindagi me aag laga dunga" He said in a low voice. "Aage se mujhse ulajhne ki himmat mat karna dono" He said.

Rani Maa knew how angry Abhishek was, so she didn't stop him. He held Sameeksha's hand and left from there.

"Abhishek..." Sameeksha said, he didn't listen to get and dragged her to his bedroom. He left her hand and locked the door.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "listen" He said to Sameeksha, "ek baat acche se samajh lo, tum yaha iss lie ho taaki Sarkar se bachi raho" He said, "usse bachne ka raasta mil gaya, to tum yaha nhi rahogi" He said. "Yaha ke logo se door raho, khudko iss family ka hissa samajhne ki galati mat karna" He said.

She looked around and found a first aid box on a shelf. She opened it, took some cotton and applied antiseptic on it.

Abhishek was observing what she was doing, when she came close to him, he looked away.

"Bleeding ho rhi hai, saaf karne do" She said as the corner of his lip was bleeding, he ignored her. She placed her hand on his left cheek and made him look at her.

"Mujhe kucch nhi karvana" He said, she looked in his eyes and then started cleaning the wound.

"Bleeding to ruk bhi geyi" She said, "thappad maara tha, chaaku nhi" He said, "agar tum pehle hi apne cousin ko kucch bol dete to yeh sab nhi hota" She said.

He cocked his eyebrows, "to ab meri galati hai?" He asked, "ab? Hamesha se tumhari hi thi" She said. He rolled his eyes, "Woh thappad tumhe padhta tab tumhe akkal aati" He saidna and left from there.

*******

The event got cancelled and the guests returned to their cities.

It was evening now, and everyone was present at the dining table, ready to have dinner.

"Sameeksha kaha hai Banna?" Thakurain asked Abhishek, "pata nhi Maa sa" He replied.

"Unko bulake laaiye" She said, "Maa sa me kisi ko bulane nhi jaa raha. Jisko khana hai khae, jisko nhi khana woh bhuka rahe" He said and took a spoon full of rice to put in his mouth.

He stopped and sighed, "mere aur Sameeksha ke lie khana paros dijiye" He asked a servant.

He took the plates and went to Sameeksha's room.

She was sitting near the window, "Dinner nhi karna?" He asked, "kyu? Mere bina khana hazam nhi ho raha?" She asked rudely.

"Nhi ho raha" He replied. She looked at him, "to mat khao, theka nhi le rakha tumhara" She said.

"Ek to mene tumhare lie thappad khaya, upar se tum bhooka rehne ko keh rhi ho" He said, she didn't reply.

"Chalo khana khaa lo" He said sitting in front of her, "muh kholo" He said as he took a piece of roti to her mouth.

"Nhi khana" She said and stood up to leave, "Sameeksha" He said holding her hand, "khane ka anadar nhi karna chahiye. Ab leke aaya hu to khalo" He said.

"Tum leke aae ho na? To dono plates tum hi khalo" She said and left. "Kya tevar hai yaar iske" He said looking at her leaving, "nhi khana to na khaye" He said and started eating.