Chapter 3

Boats from the harbor shot fireworks into the sky and dozens of carriages flocked to the castle. In the castle, all the servants prepped the ballroom, drinks, and snacks were placed on the tables, and the musicians tuned their instruments. The royal family was dressed in their finest and they seated themselves on the royal balcony. They were also accompanied by chamberlain Zircon and captain of the guards; Harold Smiley.

Kevin was wearing a white jacket with , a gold crown on his head, dark red pants and short black boots.

Jamie was wearing a dark–blue jacket with a gold sash over his shoulder, a gold crown on his head, white pants and short black boots.

Many ladies and gentlemen came to the front entrance from the coaches; including Lady Jasper Beta and her two daughters. All the guests were waiting to enter the ballroom when the royal crier; Sardonyx, appeared from behind a curtain by the doors. She had vermilion skin and pale apricot–colored hair, styled into a tetrahedron with very rounded corners, and she was wearing her black, grey, and orange crier uniform.

"Goooood evening everybody! This is the lovely royal crier Sardonyx, coming to you live from the castle doors to the ballroom. How are you all doing tonight?"

The crowd applauded.

"Oh stop please, your too much." Sardonyx said. "Now we will be opening the doors to the ballroom in just a moment but before we do, I must tell you about the introduction process. My lovely assistants will hand you all one card each, where you must write your name. When you enter the ballroom, simply hand me your card and I will call out your name to the royal family; who will watch you from the royal balcony. So don't forget to wave, smile, and remember ladies... the princes are single." She winked at the audience. "See you at the stairs." And she walked back behind the curtains.

The crowd did as they were instructed to do. The doors finally opened, the crowd went to the stairs and were called out by name by the royal crier.

"Princess Jennifer Pizza and princess Kiki Pizza with their father; King Kofi Pizza." Sardonyx cried while also holding back a chuckle.

The twin princesses made their way down the stairs to the dance floor with the father following behind.

"Princess Sapphire and princess Padparadscha." Sardonyx cried out.

"Oh sister, I do believe she will call us next." Padparadscha said.

Sapphire chuckled. "Come along Paddy." She said to her sister as they walked down the steps.

"The young and beautiful Miss Sadie Miller and her mother; Lady Barbara Miller." Sardonyx cried out.

"Mom, I told you didn't need to add all that." Sadie said.

"What? I'm trying to hype you up for the princes." Barbara said. "Oh, there they are! Be sure to give them your cute smile."

"Mom..." Sadie groaned. But she smiled and waved all the same.

"Sir Buck Dewey and his father Mayor William Dewey" Sardonyx cried out but then Bill handed her another piece of paper. "P.S. vote William Dewey for mayor?"

Then it was the Beta's turn. "Lady Jasper Beta and her daughters." Jasper said handing a name card to the crier.

"Lady Jasper Beta and her daughters." Sardonyx cried out.

"I'm Scarla, the beautiful."

"And I'm Carnelian, the clever one."

"The beautiful Miss Scarla and the clever Miss Carnelian." Sardonyx cried out.

"Come on." Jasper demanded silently.

While the mother and sisters went down the steps, Sardonyx thought to herself. 'Her daughters don't seem very happy to be here and that mother. Woof! She looks like she could give the guards a run for their money.' "Oh hohoho." She laughed aloud before she returned to her duties.