CHPT NO ①⑤

sᴄᴏʀᴘɪᴏ

CHPT NO ①⑤

m r   a n d   m r s   p r i c e

"Picking a girl up for a fancy party on a bike is hardly gentlemanly."

✺✺✺

FANGS HAD HIS ENTIRE GREETING PLANNED OUT WHEN HE HAD KNOCKED ON THE PRICE'S FRONT DOOR but when the door opened and he found himself face to face with Eddie he suddenly couldn't remember a single word in the English vocabulary. All he did was stare at her, his eyes slightly wide, even when she quirked her brow at his silence. He had thought she looked good through the kitchen window but now, this close, he was rendered completely speechless.

So Eddie greeted him, "Don't take this the wrong way but I had no idea that this was hiding underneath all of the plaid and leather."

Her voice seemed to pull him from whatever vortex he had gotten stuck in and he let out a low chuckle at her words, stating, "I'm not gonna lie I was pretty surprised too."

She smiled when he held his arm out and she linked hers with it, allowing him to guide her outside and to the truck waiting at the curb. She mused, "I thought for sure you were gonna show up on your bike. It's why I didn't wear heels."

His cheeks pinked up for a moment as he pulled the passenger side door open and let her climb in. He shut the door and leaned into the open window, and with as much confidence as he could muster he repeated Toni's words from earlier with a few changes, "Picking a girl up for a fancy party on a bike is hardly gentlemanly."

"Really? Because I was kind of looking forward to it." Eddie told him, the corners of her lips turning up into a small smile as Fangs' eyes flickered over to hers in surprise.

"Really?" He asked her.

"I have to admit that the bike is kind of growing on me." She stated.

HAH. Take that Toni.

And so he admitted, "Well... next time I won't listen to Toni."

Her laugh floated out of the car, airy and raspy in texture as Fangs jogged around the front of the truck and got in behind the wheel. He turned the keys in the ignition and the truck sprang to life with a loud rumble that rivaled that of his bike, but he didn't pull away from the curb just yet. Instead he rested one forearm against the back of the seat between them, fingers dangerously close to brushing against the bare skin of her shoulder and turned slightly in his seat to face Eddie, who was watching him curiously.

He knew he shouldn't have, not once did Eddie give any sort of inkling that this was anything close to a date and things with Joey were still so fresh, but Fangs couldn't resist reaching out and grasping gently onto a strand of her dark hair, brushing it out of her face and behind her ear. With her errant strand of hair back in place Fangs' fingers brushed against her jawline, and then down her neck where they skidded across her shoulder and then finally he dropped his hand, letting it hang off of the back of the truck seat.

He noted the fact that her arms had broken out in goosebumps which made him smile as he broke the silence in the truck to tell her, "I mean to say this earlier but you kind of caught me off guard... you look really beautiful Eddie."

Her cheeks had flushed a deep scarlet as she averted her eyes to her hands in her lap, "Thank you."

His fingers inadvertently brushed against the edge of her shoulder as he straightened up and reached for the gear shift and Eddie hoped he didn't notice her jump like his fingers had been a jolt of electricity against her skin. He had.