1993 Summer Begins

Remus and I always had a tradition where when I arrived back from school for the holiday, we would go to the Ministry to fill out my registration forms. What registration forms you might ask. the answer to that is my animagus papers. The worst part of the process was the test.

            Throughout the test, you had to do three things. first, you had to produce your full Patronus. Second, you had to actually shift. The third and final step is seeing how strong you actually are while in form. Why did I have to do this every year? Simple, I'm underage and the ministry is required to know that I have good intentions and that I'm safe. Anyways, that's really all we do together all summer, so I'm normally alone. That doesn't mean I don't love him. He's just not always around. he's been my father figure since I was three. After Harry and Mena went missing Remus and I were left on our own. One Marauder and one next-generation Marauder. The rest are gone. Either missing, dead, or in Azkaban.                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             Once we get home Remus puts the kettle on to make some hot chocolate. When I tell people I grew up with Remus Lupin, they think its full of books and extra work, but really we sit around, read, eat chocolate, have hot chocolate, talk about school. the twins, Remus' latest job, etc.. I never had a female friend, so I constantly find myself telling Remus about my crushes. He always laughs at me.                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             A little while into summer, when I'm laying on my bed, Remus comes in like a madman and throws a Daily Prophet in front of me. Why? Right there on the front page was Dad. Mind you I haven't seen him for years, but the eyes. THose Grey orbs were the same as mine. As I read the article my eyes widen. After a few minutes, a large smile crosses my face.

             "He did it! He really did it!" I exclaimed.

              "Yes, It appears he did. Too bad the Weasleys are in Egypt or I would take you over there for the rest of Summer Holiday," Remus told me. Soon I did. A few weeks later I got a letter from Fred. They arrived and that's when I saw them again. Finally.