Ruby Tuesday

2005-2019
Ruby was my dog.
She was the sweetest girl. We used to call her the love dog. Whenever we came home, she would howl happily. She loved going on walks, being outside, and she loved playing with us. She lived in two states with us. Her personality was so sweet. She was happy all the time. We used to call her Ruby Tuesday.

Then, she started acting off.

When she went outside, she would just lay there. I remember one day waking up to talking. When I went down to eat breakfast, Ruby was leaning against the back door. She was on the other side, leaning against the glass. That morning was busy. My mom gave Ruby the pills she needed. Ruby started to look worse, so my mother took her to the vet. I think she was gone all day? I don't remember, I was six. Then, when she came back, she was crying. I remember her exact words.

"Ruby's never going to come home 100%."

Of course, I started crying. We had some friends on the street that we lived on who were pretty close with us. I remember when Ruby went missing, that was where she went. Anyway, we all went to the vet and sat down in a room. They brought Ruby in. She was lying down on a cold, metal stretcher. And IV bag was connected to a tube in her arm. She had her eyes squeezed shut, breathing softly.

My heart broke.

We got to pet her and say our goodbyes, when the nurse came in and said my brother and I had to leave the room. So, my father took us to the front to wait. When my mom came out and payed, she was crying so hard. I started crying to, because I knew that they had put Ruby down.

She was seven.

When the vet puts down a pet, it's very peaceful. It doesn't hurt. Yes, it's hard to see them go, but you know that their in a better place now. No more pain. And their gonna be ok. No matter how hard it is to lose a pet, their always in your heart. Remember that.

 Remember that

This is Ruby.
Ruby Tuesday, I miss you so, so much. I love you, and I hope that your pain free, wherever you are. I'll always miss you, and you'll always be in my heart.