Norma Jean

2000-2019
Norma was my cat.
She was funny. Gosh, that cat would see ghosts or something. She was always running around. You see, Norma was born before me. She's been around my whole life. Always there for me, always ready to hug. When she was snappy, we would call her Norma Jean Meister. She was almost always sleeping. She loved food, ribbons, and sleeping. When we came home, she always meowed for food. My dad said that she would meow at, like, six in the morning. I always slept through it, but the rest of my family would lay awake, shouting at her.

It was around the Christmas of 2018, when she started making a weird rattling sound when she breathed. My mother took her to the vet, and they said she had a mass in her chest. So they gave my mother medicine for Norma, and she was good. The next time they went to the vet, they said the mass was a little bit smaller. So they kept giving her medicine. However, Norma's rattling continued. At night, you could hear her from down the hallway.

One day, I was eating lunch when my mom came downstairs. She said she was taking Norma to the vet for a check up. About an hour went by and she finally came home. She had asked us to come downstairs so she could talk to us, and when I got down there, she was crying. I asked her what's wrong, and when she didn't awnser, I knew it was Norma.

I asked her if she was gone, she she just started crying.

I stared in shock, and when it sunk in, I just started bawling. We stood there for like five minutes, bawling our eyes out. I was heart broken.

My best feline friend, gone from my life just like that.

I remember one time when Norma had just woken up from a nap. The rumba bumped into her, and she just shot a leg out and kicked it. It always makes me laugh when I think about it. I still wish she was here.

I know it's hard when a pet dies, but as I said before, their always in your heart. And you know their in no more pain.

This is Norma

This is Norma.
Norma Jean, I miss you so, so much. I hope your pain free, wherever you are. I love you, and I'll always miss you. You'll always be in my heart.