Chapter 1

**A/N - this story starts around the time when the boys just started out and Beau is 19, Daniel is 18, Luke&Jai are 18 and James is 17.**

I kept my head down as I quickly walked along the long, boring corridor. I was on my way to my locker to put my books away until I tripped up, my books went flying and I fell face first on to the hard floor.

I heard the crowd around me erupt with laughter. I just lay there. There was no point fighting back. Of course I knew who it was, the schools bitch Charlotte.

"Nice one idiot" I heard Charlotte shout at me while she walked away with her gang of skanks, giving them high fives as she headed towards math.

I groaned in pain until I felt someone help me up.

I looked up to see Mel, my best and only friend.

"Woah, Mads are you okay?" Mel asked me, obviously worried.

I looked down at my bleeding elbow and quietly groaned in pain.

I forced a smile and replied "I'm fine thanks" to Mel

"Your obviously not Maddie, your elbows bleeding!" She said back while examining my arm

"Mel, I said I'd be just fine" I snapped back, instantly regretting it

"Sorry, Mel I'm just fed up of Charlotte! What have I ever done to her?"

Before she could reply I sighed and walked of to my locker

"Wait! C'mon Mads, let's get you to the nurse, your elbows cut pretty bad" Mel replied whilst dragging me in the opposite direction

I went to see the school nurse. She cleaned out the graze with some liquid stuff which stung like hell and placed a plaster over it.

"Right, both of you, back to class" the nurse said sternly

As you could see she wasn't the nicest and wasn't the most sympathetic towards me.

Pretty much every teacher and pupil in this school hated me. They didn't know I was bullied, they just thought I was teased but they still did nothing about it. Charlotte was the kinda girl who was all sweet and innocent to every teacher but as soon as it came to me, she was a complete bitch. Not one teacher believed I was bullied by her so, they did zero about it, I just had to get on with life.

Mel and I walked slowly towards math. When we arrived everyone was looking right at me and laughing.

"Where have you two been? Class started 25 minutes ago!" Mrs Mckenzie, my math teacher screeched at Mel and I

"E-Eh we were just at the nurse miss" I quietly replied

"Well don't be late again. This is both of your first and last warning, go sit down and get copying the notes from the board" she replied whilst pointing at two empty seats

We sighed, took a seat and started on the notes.

About 30 minutes later the bell rang and I jumped up, packed away my stuff and ran out of math with Mel close behind.

It was finally the end of the day. Mel and I said our goodbyes and left in the opposite direction. I pulled out my phone and started playing What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. I quietly hummed along and checked my messages.

*1 new message*

I clicked on the messaging app and saw I had a message from my mum.

Mum: please hurry home quick, me and your dad have some news x

I quickly replied

Me: okay, just on my way now x

I wondered what they wanted to talk about. I was quite worried what if something was wrong? I quickly brushed those thoughts to the side. It was probably something small and stupid and not worth me rushing home.

About 10 minutes later I walked up my drive and opened the front door.

"I'm home!" I yelled, my voice echoing throughout the house.

"In the kitchen honey" my mum quickly replied

I dumped my bag at the bottom of the stairs, slipped of my shoes, placed my jacket on the clothes horse and walked through whilst checking instagram on my phone

"Can you please put your phone away Madison and take a seat" my mum replied seriously

Madison? My mum never calls me by my full name unless I'm in trouble or it's something serious, if i was being honest, I was quite worried.

I took a seat opposite my mum and dad and next to my sister, Emily.

Emily was 13, 3 years younger than me. We got on really well with just an occasional argument over something stupid. Apart from Mel, Emily was my best friend.

"Well, you know how your father and I both work as professional photographers?" My mum said whilst looking right at me

I slowly nodded, I was confused. Of course I knew where they worked.

"We have been offered a job to take pictures for a new travel guide." My dad said

"That's great" I replied jumping up

"So you'll be taking photos of Edinburgh and the Lothians for this book?" I questioned

"Not quite" my mum said whilst looking at my dad, encouraging him to carry on

Now I was definitely confused.

"We've been offered a job taking photos for a Melbourne travel guide" my mum said whilst trying to contain her huge smile

"Wait. So you'll be leaving us here while you travel to Australia? Who's gonna look after us? We can't live alone! None of our family live here! What-"

"Woah Maddie! Stop with all the questions. You and Emily are coming with us. The four of us are moving to Melbourne!" My mum said, very excitedly

"We're going to Austrailia" I yelled whilst jumping up out of my seat and pulling my mum, dad and sister into hug

Finally I can get away from Charlotte and her friends. Finally I can get away from the hell hole. Hopefully I'll make a few friends there and my life may get a bit better.

Wait. What will I tell Mel? She'll be devastated. Sure, Mel has a ton of other friends. She's quite popular but, we were so close. She helped me through so much. How am I going to tell her that I'm moving thousands of miles across the world?

----------

A/N

Yay! The first chapter is done! It's quite boring but everything will eventually pick up! Hope you guys enjoyed! Here's a little description of what Maddie, Mel and Emily look like.

When a new character comes in, unless it fits with the story, I'll put a description of then in the A/N!

Maddie: Maddie is 5'3, she isn't fat but she's not thin, she has gorgeous curves. She doesn't have very tanned skin usually but whe she sun bathes she tans really well! She has long brown, straight hair and blue eyes. She loves music, it helps her escape.

Mel: {Maddies best friend} Mel is 5'6 and she has a very athletic build. She has really tanned skin, long blonde hair and green eyes. Mel loves sports, especially track.

Emily: {Maddie's sister} Emily is 5'1 and she is quite slim. She has curly auburn (brown/ginger) hair and green eyes. Emily loves art. She wants to be an artist when she grows up.

Hopefully this will help you all to imagine what these characters look like! I'll hopefully update soon!

Love K x