08 | First Mission!

This book is second in #mightguy / #maitogai ^-^! Thank you all for voting! <3

.

.

As the sun bestows the land with it's warm rays of light, Konohagakure wakes up from the night's rest. The streets fill up with early goers and shop owners get their stalls ready for a busy day at work. Mothers wave their children goodbye as they head out for missions or the academy... You know the drill.

People always have something to do and places to attend, while I just watch it all unfold... but now there will be no more time wasting. Only duty and hard work as I enter the bustling life of a responsible citizen.

I am now a Chunin by the unofficial standards; Meaning I got the skill, but not the actual rank. Tsunade made it so I can do missions and serve the village on my part, but only under a Jonin.

If I want to do solo missions I'll have to pass the exams and get a stamp on my ID- so everything would be nice and official. That would require me to become a Genin and join one of the current teams... which I would rather pass.

I don't think I want to hang around children everyday and learn life lessons from a Jonin who is possibly the same age as myself.

For my first ever mission, I have been assigned to accompany Kakashi and his team 7. I met them a while ago at a restaurant when I was trying to find the best ramen place in the village. One of them had forgotten their money at home, so I paid for their dish. They took a real liking to me after that.. I guess food truly is the best way to one's heart.

Tsunade noted that my skills would be useful in the humid climate of the Land of Waves, which is correct. The wetter,- the better. - I'm an ice user after all.

"What should I wear..?" I grin in excitement as I try on outfits that would fit the weather of my soon to be destination. I've been preparing for this since last Sunday, and I will not arrive looking like a newbie.

"Oi, neighbor wake up." I hear Kakashi knock on my apartment door rather unexpectedly.

I quickly pull on the shirt I was holding and rush to the kitchen. "Just a second!" I shout and open the fridge in hopes of finding something quick to eat. My eyes spot a certain blob at the back of the highest shelf and I grab it. I stuff the giant dumpling into my mouth before putting on my shoes and opening the door.

"I'mh, rweady!" I announce with a full mouth which he responds to by flicking my forehead. "Baka." He says and starts walking away with a sigh. I rub the spot where his finger contacted my skin and scowl at him. "You're baka..." I huff and jog after him.

~

~

"Alright guys, I hope you have packed everything you need. We're going to be away for a while." Kakashi leans on one leg and puts his hand lazily on his hip. Sakura starts rummaging through her bag for one last time, to be 100% sure she didn't forget anything. Sasuke and Naruto just check their pockets. "Also, Yui will be coming with us." He adds and Naruto's eyes light up.

"Sister Yui?! That's so cool!" He chirps and looks around incase she's standing nearby.

"Hello everyone." Yui jumps down from somewhere and lands right beside the silver haired man. She smiles at the young teens in front of her and shows a thumb at the blonde; a habit she has slowly began to develop due to a certain green-clothed Jonin.

"Sister?" Sakura raises a brow and finishes rummaging through her bag. "Hai! Yui is my sister!" Naruto hugs her and Sakura pouts. "No, she's my sister!" The girl also hugs her and Yui chuckles nervously.