Moments With You

Junko thought she was fearless.

At least, that was what people have known her for- bravery. Nothing had scared her much even as a kid. Not when she was surrounded by gangster, not when she had her first accident, not even when she was facing danger. It all had been thrill to her, an experience worth having for.

She had been wrong.

None of it had been fear. Not pure, soul crushing, heart stopping to its cruelest nature fear. Nothing was comparable to this.

"it have started, Junko-san"

Her world fell into eerie silent. Junko heard his roar... She could hear the fight that ensues after it. She felt her body went numb as she held the phone closer. It must be a nightmare. A bad dream. Surely, this was just a joke, right?

How could he do this to her? How could he just went there without saying anything to her?

Leaving without saying goodbye.

"I'll see you soon"

That was his text which was 5 hours ago. It had filled her heart with flutters back then, anticipation of seeing him and having some alone time with him after few weeks of not meeting each other.

But things had escalated quickly when the Mighty Warriors had begun their attack on the Rude Boys then proceed to Sannoh. They must fight back and they need to protect...

The ground seem disappearing from her feet. She watch from her peripheral vision as Naomi rush towards her, to support her now mushy legs. The gang might have thought she was too shocked to hear something as big as the war happened. But Naomi knows, knows why all that passed through her lips was just a sick gasp instead of soul deafening scream

Junko had never felt so helpless in her entire life.

...............................

It was after the war.

Junko had been at the edge of her seat ever since the war had started, and hearing it live haven't done much good to her nervous system either. She had been agitated, worrying so much about a certain blonde haired boy with a love for shade of red that she thought her fragile heart might have burst soon if she didn't hear anything about him.

She never had the fear like now except her dad heart attack scare and that was 5 years ago! She had been trying to reach him but every call had been directed to his voice mail. Junko felt like she wanted to scream and cry at the same time.

She also had been so angry. The boy didn't tell her that he was about to lead the war soon and she only knew about it from the girls. She thought he trusted her enough for something so important like that. But she was so damn wrong. Junko couldn't help but felt a little bit hurt by it.

She understand that they had never clarified what they are to each other but for two people who have feelings more than just like towards each other, wasn't she entitled to at least know bits of his secrets?

She must have fidgeting a lot because she can feel Naomi squeezed her hand a little bit in assurance. She throw her friend a tight lip smile in grateful. Naomi had never left her side since it started, holding her hands tight while casually whispering soothing words because Junko knew she was comforting herself too. Yamato was important to her as him to Junko. If it was any day, Junko would joke and say how crazy they were to fall for boys that always play with fire.

Her eyes had never left the entrance. In any minute...they will come back. He will come back to her...

The war has ended and the gang entered into the diner, looking battered and bruised. She had been on her feet, her hands clasped together, she throw a glance toward Naomi.