Chapter 1

Hannah's POV

I'm really gonna do it. Today is the day that I run away forever. I walk into the bathroom and cut my hair to my shoulders and apply some dark makeup so that no one recognizes me. I grab my bag with $500, lots of canned food, a can opener, matches, a manual lighter, lots of water bottles, extra clothes, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. after I collect my things, I head out the door. My foster mom is at work so nobody is home other than me, and that will soon change. I head straight for the woods, I'm not really sure where I am going, but I will get as far away from here as possible. I walk for about two miles when I come across an opening, it is a big meadow with a beautiful black and white stallion grazing in it. I slowly approach the horse and sit down on a log about 15 feet away. I grab a can of carrots and open them up, I grab a few and whistle softly. the horse's head shoots up immediately, then once he realizes that I have a treat, he cautiously takes a few steps towards me. I don't move or make any noise, but I just sit there and let the horse come to me. He soon reaches me then he takes the carrots and trots back to the middle of the field. I decide to climb a tree, where I see a huge abandoned birds nest. I get up to the nest and it has lots of soft warm feathers in it, so I decide to stay here for the night.

So how is the book so far? leave some comments on things that I can improve and I will try to work on them! vote, comment, and keep reading😘

~Hannah