56 Years In The Making

November 10th, 1963

Leonardo signed the contract before shoving it towards Frederick, "Your first born daughter is to marry my first born son in order to tie our mafia's together, which will make us the strongest Empire in the world." 

Frederick examinded the contract before replying, "What if I'm not to have a daughter?" 

"Then the deal will be passed down the next generation and so on and so forth," he paused, "If one of us are to break the deal, war will begin between the two mafia's." 

Frederick clicked the pen before looking back at Leonardo, "One last thing, a child will resolve between the marriage so when will the child be due?" 

Leonardo paused thinking to himself, "One year from the wedding. They must be pregnant by there year anniversary."'''

Frederick quickly signed the contract, "Deal," he shook hands with Leonardo. 

June 15th, 2019

- C H A R L I E -

"Dad I am not doing that," I yelled at him from across the living room. 

"You don't have a choice Charlie!" he yelled back and I swear I saw steam coming out of his ears, "You're grandpa made this deal fifty years ago and I will be damned if your the one to fuck it up!" 

I saw red, "Me?! How is this my fault! I don't want to marry an old man because grandpa wanted to fuck up his daughter's life!" 

"Watch you language," he warned, "The contract is signed and you're to be wed in a week, so pack your shit so we can go." 

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not marrying him." 

"Yes you are," he roared, "You're the binding of the Mafias, I don't understand why you're treating this like a punishment!" 

I wiped the tear that was rolling down my cheek, "Go to hell!" I ran to my room and slammed the door. 

How could he do this to me? How could I get married off to some Italian man? I don't know anything about who I'm supposed to marry and nor do I want to. 

I cried into my pillow as my thoughts consumed me. We're supposed to hate the Italian mafia, we have run ins with them from time to time and now all the sudden we're supposed to be allies? I don't know anything about the head family, besides that my future husband is about ten years older than me. 

I heard a light knock at the door and immediately knew it was my mom, "What?" 

"Can I come in?" her soft voice crept from behind the door. 

"Yeah," I whispered and stood up. 

She came in and closed the door behind her, "I know you don't want to do this," she looked at me with sad eyes, "Hell, I don't want to make you do this, but it's not our say. The contracts been in place for over 50 years, there's no way around it." 

I paused, "I know, and I know that I should get over it, but I can't." 

She wrapped her arms around me, "We should start packing, we're going up there in a few hours." 

I nodded as we began to pack my bags. 

I've known about the arrangement for about a month, they told me a few days after I graduated. Let's just say I've never used as much foul language in my life than I did that day, especially after they told me the rules and details. 

I'm not allowed to tell anyone outside of the family and high end mafia members that it's an arrangement, but they bent the rules and let me tell my three best friends.