Death

Avery marie

" thank you for cooking me breakfast baby , " i say going over and putting my plate in the sink .

I went over to kiss his lips but he seemed so focused in his thoughts.

I caress the side of his face as he stared at the wall. Thinking.

" baby ? " i call out to him .

Nothing but silence. Well , technically not silence because you could hear the light music & faint laughter from the living room.

I stand in between his legs and remove his hands from under his chin.

" is everything okay ? " i ask , staring into him.

He blinked and bent his eyebrows. He took a deep breath and placed his hand under my shirt , rubbing my belly.

" I don't wanna lie to you & say its okay . But it will be " he saids in a weird tone.

That meant no good.

He kissed all over my stomach making me giggle and buckle .

He rose up and gave me tender kisses .

" i'll be back , if you leave with anyone , text me first . " he saids firmly .

I nod and he softens his glare .

He picks my chin up with his index finger making the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

" i love you . " he saids sweetly.

" i love you too . " i say caressing the side of his face once more.

He kisses my forehead and pulls me in for a hug.

He takes hold of my hand as we walk into the living room.

The music became louder & so did they.

The boys were playing dominoes, slamming them onto the table with liquor in their cups.

They're were girls sitting in their laps , holding their blunts for them.

August lets go of my hand & whispers in a big guys ear. He doesn't say anything but gets up. August does this again with another guy , but he gets up and goes into a room. He comes back with a duffle bag & i knew something bad was going to happen.

He whispers into roscoes ear and he looks up at me.
Roscoe nods and August comes back over to me.

" Im gonna go handle some business. I'll be back okay ? Chill upstairs while im gone . " he saids

I nod

" Be safe. Okay ? And come back . " i say sounding like a little girl.

He smiles and looks down at me . Towering over me .

" I have you , and my future baby waiting for me. I have no choice but to come back. "

I smile a little at the thought of us living all together. Our baby boy or girl running around the house . Nights and mornings with both of them.

" im glad you know. We need you. "

He doesn't say anything but smiles. He makes a motion with his finger and several men trail behind him .