Chapter Three: Kings Cross Station

Chapter written by live_love_laugh14      

         Niall, Liam, and Harry had kept in touch since they met in Diagon Alley. They seemed to get along alright, but their personalities were all completely different.

          Louis spent the rest of the holiday at the burrow with Fred and George. Let’s just say that ‘Ronnikins’ became a test subject for many new pranks the boys had concocted…

          Zayn and Doniya hugged their little sisters and parents goodbye and climbed onto the Hogwarts Express. They got on the train, and sat in a compartment together.

          Zayn sat staring out the window onto the platform. They had arrived a bit early, and most people were only coming through the wall now. Zayn was snapped back into reality when Doniya started clapping her hands in front of his face.

“Zayn? Are you there? What are you staring at?”

“Yes, I’m here… I’m just looking out at the platform. See if any of my friends are here yet.”

“You’re joking, Zayn. I never, not once, last year, saw you hanging out with anybody. You always had your nose stuck in some book, or were just sitting all alone in the common room.”

          Zayn blushed angrily and shouted, “I’m not some loner freak. I have friends!” Then he got up and left the compartment, shutting the door behind him hard.

          He was angry because he knew that Doniya was right. He hadn’t made any attempt whatsoever to make friends last year. And it was a horrible mistake. This year he decided to try to change from being a loner to a socialite… of sorts. The point is, is that Zayn just wanted a friend.

          Molly Weasley herded her children along with Louis to Platform 9¾. She hurried through the thick crowds, clinging to Ginny’s hand so she wouldn’t get lost in the stream of people.

          “It’s the same every year, filled with muggles, of course,” she mumbled. They stopped in front of the wall between platforms nine and ten. Molly said, “Alright, Percy, you first.”

          With that, Percy gripped his cart and walked briskly towards the wall. As soon as he was through it, Fred and George ran into it. Louis carefully set his owl, Kevin, on top of his trunk on the cart, and ran through the wall.

          Molly was just about to send Ron through when suddenly a voice asked, “Excuse me? Could, could you tell me, how, how to…”

          Niall and his brother and mother had just apparated into Kings Cross station when Niall was knocked down. He had been standing right in front of the wall where people ran onto the platform. A hand reached down to help him up, and he recognized Harry, the boy he’d met in Diagon Alley.

          “Hiya Harry!” said Niall as he stood. Harry smiled, showing off his dimples and replied, “Hi Niall! How’ve you been? I haven’t seen you for a while!”

          The two boys started chatting for a few minutes before the train whistle blew. Niall followed his brother, Greg, onto the train. Harry and Niall found an empty compartment and sat down in it. Niall asked, “Hey Harry?”

“Yeah?”

“Where’s Liam? Have you seen him at all?”

“No, Niall, I haven’t. You?”

“No… I hope he got here alright, you know, him being a muggle-born, I hadn’t thought that he might not know how to get here…”

          Their conversation quickly ended when they heard someone yelling. The train had just started to move slowly, but it stopped in its tracks (literally!). Harry craned his head out the window so he could see what was happening. He gasped and turned back to Niall, saying, “It’s Liam!”

          Niall and Harry exited the compartment and ran to the door of the train. Liam saw them quickly and relaxed. He picked up his bags and ran up to the other two boys. They helped him carry his bags and they all sat down again in their compartment.

          Once again, the train started moving, and all of the children waved enthusiastically to their family.

          However, there was one little boy who sat alone in a compartment, with no family to wave to…

Author's Note: Hey, Emily speaking! Three guesses who that little boy is! LOL anyways I hope you liked this chapter, it definitely took long enough to write... Haha nevermind... So just read, comment, and vote! Also, we absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys! So don't be a silent reader! ONE MORE THING!!! Shoutout to Crazy_Katy (Yes, the same author Katy who is co-writing this with me) for reminding me the other day about this story and making me get my lazy ass to write this... :D

Special phrase: Kevin the owl ;)