Epilogue

*Months later*

Abigail stood at the back of the room. She wore one of Sherlock's coats with the collar turned up. She wore a hat with it pulled down just enough so that she could see Lestrade and Donovan along with the pictures of the three "victims" (as she and Sherlock liked to call them).

"The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London," Donovan began to explain.

Abigail could see how uncomfortable Lestrade looked. This was the third apparent suicide in the last few months. Lestrade agreed with Sherlock and Abigail that these had to be murders, but no one else wanted to believe it.

Idiots, Abigail thought.

"Preliminary investigations suggest that this was suicide," Donovan continued, bringing Abigail out of her thought. "We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffery Patterson and James Phillimore."

Abigail grabbed her phone from her pocket and sent a quick text to Lestrade stating:

'That's because they are murders

-AW'

Seconds later, Lestrade's phone vibrated. He picked it up and read the text.

"In the light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked. The investigation is ongoing, but Detective Inspector Lestrade will take questions."

Lestrade returned Abigail's text:

'where are you?'

Abigail replied:

'Back of the room. Dressed in black. Incognito

-AW'

Reporters began speaking at once. One reporter spoke up so that his question would be heard.

"Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?" he asked.

Lestrade's eyes wandered to the back of the room where he finally seen Abigail standing there. She peaked up at him under her hat and smirked.

"Well," he began. "they all took the same poison. Um, they were all found in places they had no reason to be. None of them had shown any prior indication of-"

The reporter quickly cut Lestrade off to say, "But you can't have serial suicides."

"Well, apparently you can," Lestrade replied. Abigail chuckled.

"These three people, there's nothing that links them?" another reporter asked.

"There's no link been found yet, but we're looking for it. There has to be one," Lestrade replied.

The room filled with ringing phones. Everyone, including Abigail, looked down to see that they had all gotten the same text.

'Wrong!'

Abigail smiled, knowing who it was from. She texted Lestrade:

'Wasn't me

-AW'

"If you've all got texts, please ignore them," Donovan said.

"Just says wrong," the first reporter stated.

Because it is, Abigail thought but didn't dare to speak out loud. If she as much as one word, she knew Donovan would throw her out. It was the exact reason why she was here and Sherlock wasn't. Donovan refused to have him there, ruining the whole conference.

"Yeah, well just ignore that," Donovan said. "Okay, if there are no more questions for Detective Inspector Lestrade I'm going to bring this session to an end."