Chapter 2

I couldn't believe it.Ethan was my 2nd match.Did he know about this? "Miss Markham? are you okay?" Mrs.scott asked.My face was pale.This was all too much.I don't to marry any of my two matches.If i choose Chris over Ethan then Ethan will be heartbroken.But I don't want to marry Ethan either.But thats how life is in the society."I'm fine..just shocked..How much time do i have to choose?" i asked.Mrs.scott got up and walked me to the door."A month.That gives you plenty of time to think.Now go to class." I nod and walk to history class.When i entered the classroom,Ethan was sitting in the back row by himself.I sat down next to him."Did she tell you?" Ethan asked with a nervous look on his face.I nodded.Before we could say anything else,a guy sat down next to me.But he wasn't just some random guy.It was Chris summer.My other match.I tried to hide my face so he wouldn't notice me.Ethan gave me this look that said "Whats wrong?" But i just kept my head down.When the bell rang,I quickly got up and grabbed my back pack and rushed towards the door.But while i did,i bumped into Chris.Just when i was trying to avoid him."Hey..I know you.." Chris said slowly.This was going to be awkward.Ethan has already gone to our next class without me."I'm your match.." I said quietly so nobody would hear.Chris's eyes were wide."You're my..future wife?" He asked.I rolled my eyes."Just so you know, you're not my only match." I informed him.Chris gave me a confused look."What? that's impossible!" he said really loud.I groaned."I don't have time for this.Talk to you later." I Tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm."At least let me give you my number.If you're going to be my future wife then we need to get to know each other." He said.I rolled my eyes.He wrote his number down on a piece of paper and gave me to me.He was going to say something but i walked away.My life is so complictated.What am i going to do? I don't want to marry Ethan or Chris.I have a month.But what if i still can't decide what to do by then? When i got home,I didn't tell my mom about what happened.She would probably think i'm lying if i told her i have been matched with two boys.I went in my room and laid on my bed.Should i text Chris? I spent half an hour asking myself that question and then i finally grabbed my phone and texted him.He replied right away.It was kind of awkward.But he said the sweetest things that made me smile.He said he couldn't wait to marry me.I was smiling until he said that.I still wasn't sure about marrying him.But i should at least get to know him.I told him we should go to the movies this weekend.He said he would love to.Of course he did.

The next day,I wake up and see that ethan texted me.He wanted to talk to me in private.I know what its about.I told him to meet me in the cafeteria before school starts.When i got to school,I was nervous.We haven't really talked about the matching issue.How was i going to tell him that i don't want to marry him? I loved him as a brother.I don't want to break his heart.I look for him in the lunchroom.I see him sitting at one of the tables.I walk over to him."Hey.Whats up?" i said.Ethan just gave me a mean look."Ethan..We need to talk about..you know..the matching." I said slowly.He didn't look so happy."Yes we do.Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.There was anger in his voice."Tell you what? You knew that i was matched with you and..oh i never told you who the other guy was..Didn't miss scott tell you?" He shook his head.So i've been keeping a secret from him.I feel terrible."So who is it?" he demanded.I sighed."Chris summer.But Ethan i need you to know that this is very hard for me..how do i choose because two guys i don't even love?" Ethan looked hurt."You don't love me?" he asked.I was going to apologize But then he just turned away.Then someone tapped me on the shoulder.I turned around and saw Chris."Now might not be a good time." i said and pointed at Ethan.But he just ignored me."So you're her other match?" he asked Ethan.Ethan turned around and gave Chris a cold stare."Chris you should go..I'll talk to you later." i said.I didn't want them to get in a fight.But he wouldn't listen."You know she's going to pick me. why Would she even think about marrying you?" I had to stop him before this got to far."Chris,shut up." I hissed.He stopped.Ethan got up and turned to Chris."Don't worry.You can have her." He said and walked away.I was going to run after Ethan but Chris held me back."Let him go.He already hates you." he  said.That's true.But i'm not going to let my friendship with ethan end.

I tried calling Ethan but he didn't answer.I cried later that night.I shouldn't have said i didn't love him.I did.I loved him like family.And now i'm losing him because of a stupid rule that the society leaders have to choose everything for us.Shouldn't we choose for ourselves?

End of Chapter 2 :) don't forget to comment and favorite :)