Chapter 2: We Meet Again

Chapter 2:

Wounds Left Open 

"Michael." I said. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked trying to sound distance, I heard the strain in his voice, he was holding something back, but what? I looked into his eyes and they flashed an emotion. Though the emotion was gone as quickly as it came, making it impossible for me to know what it was.

"I, I, I, um..." I said searching for words. 

"She is staying here till she goes off to college in two years." His dad, Kyle said. 

"Why didn't ya'll tell me?" He asked, oh gosh his voice, his country voice. I loved that voice. 

"Well, we didn't want to upset you?" His mom said, it sounded more like a question. 

His face turned expressionless. "Why would it upset me?”

I stopped breathing; I could feel my face crumble a bit, but I made my face expressionless. "Of course you're over it, it was nothing to you, right?" I asked. I had the satisfaction to see him flinch back. "I mean you are the one who broke up with me, cheat on me, and had no feelings towards me what so ever." 

"He never..." His mom tried to say.

"Mom," Michael said glaring at her. "Of course I had no feelings for you, how could I?" I felt my heart break a little more.

"Hey Michael!" I heard a few voices yell.

I saw three guys walk over towards us. "Who's the babe?" Asked a tall blonde hair boy. 

"Kelly Ann." Michael said, not looking away from me. 

"Well, hello Kelly Ann, I'm Shawn." He was cute, green eyes, blonde buzzed hair, tall, and muscular, with full lips. 

I smiled at him. "I'm Kale." Said a black hair boy with black deep eyes. He was about 5'11; same with Shawn. You could see the muscles through his shirt. "I'm Heath." A red hair boy said, winking at me. He had blue eyes, full lips, about Michael's height and muscular also. 

"Hey." I said, looking away from Michael. He was the best looking one out of all of them, but then again it might just be because I am in love with him. He was about 6'1 with brown straight shaggy hair. He had the bluest sea blue eyes, a strong jaw line, a straight nose, and semi-full kissable lips. Yep, I'm so bias and screwed.

"Kelly Ann here will be staying here till she moves off to college. She is in the same grade as you four." Emily said. 

"Sweet, but how do you know her?" Heath said eyeing me up and down, then looking at Michael’s mom questionably. 

"She is an old friend to the family.” Emily said.

At the same time Keith said “Michael and her used to date.”

"Well sorry about your loss, on both parts, but you want to go out with me sometime? You'll have a lot more fun with me than you did with Michael" Asked Kale wiggling his eyebrows up and down. Yeah right, I thought, all of my best times were with Michael. 

"Ugh no." I said walking off and sitting down in a chair at the patio table. 

"Your lost babe." He said pulling off his shirt. He jumped in the pool followed by the rest of the guys, but Michael. He walked over to where I was sitting and sat down next to me. 

"Look Kelly Ann, I'm sorry about your loss, I loved your parents, they were like my second parents, like I know mine are to you. If I had known I would have come and helped you through everything, I can't imagine the pain you must still be going through. I know I put you in a lot of pain and I’m sorry about that." 

"Look Michael, you don’t have to apologize to me about anything or show me pity, I’ve gotten enough of that the past three months.” I asked looking everywhere but him. 

“Kelly Ann, I don’t pity you. I still care for you even though we still aren’t together.” He said taking my hand, forcing me to look into his eyes.

“As friends right?” I asked, with a glimmer of hope that he would say he meant more than friends.

“Yeah, what else?” He said, dropping my hands and getting up to help his dad with the food.

With those words I knew there was really no chance of us getting back together. I knew that I had to act like I had no feelings towards him. It was time to move on.

Authors note: Hi all! Just so you all know the story will speed up! I just wanted give a clearer background story.