Part 19

All Rights Reserved

Picture of Abbigail to the right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Go back to Part 1 to see a pic of Matt

Okay, so things are getting a bit sketchy for me. Question: Are you gonna vote, or not?

Oh, and shout out for the person who HAS been voting! Comment who you are and I'll dedicate a part of my book to you!

********************

I wake up to the sound of rushing water. The empty bed reconfirmed my guess that Matt was in the shower. I stand up and stretch, having each and every joint pop at the moment. The snow was starting to melt away. It is somewhere in February, or was is March? I don't know. Everything just seems to jumble together when I don't have to write the date down everyday for school. I think at this point I should just drop out of school altogether. I've missed so much. Sure, I can catch up, but what about next year? I mean, I had a hell of a time trying to get fake paper work to prove that I was in school for the two years I was gone--which was a lie. But I knew all the stuff anyways.

Ah, well. I step off of the fuzzy carpet and onto the cold wood floor. The house is fairly quiet except for the hum of the pipes and the machinery downstairs which can only be heard be my acute wolf senses. I step towards the door carefully to ensure that no noise comes of my departure. I like Matt, sure. I mean, we were mates. But I didn't quite have it in me to try and pass a fake smile. I just couldn't get it out of my head. He was the authority. I wasn't. It hurt, ya know?

I walk down the hallway to my room and take a quick shower. Shampoo and conditioner fly through the air as I attempt to crack my record of two minutes. By the time I'm done, my mind is in a daze. One minute, thirty seconds! Take that! It really wasn't that important. I was just trying to distract myself from the hard, cold facts of my situation.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Hello?" I call out.

"Hey Abbs," oh good, it's just Chase. "I was wondering if you wanted to get out for a bit."

"Uh, yeah...sure," there's a pause at my door and then he answers.

"Okay meet me down stairs, but be quick about it."

Quick? Child didn't know the meaning of quick as put in my vocabulary. I use my werewolf speed to brush my hair and put on Nike shorts and a t-shirt. Papers rustle on my desk, and I reach a hand out to catch one as it drifts back and forth to the ground. I set it on top of my grammar book and run out the door. I can hear the faint mumbles as the rest of the pack slowly wakes up. I slide down the banister to the end of the stairs were two large hands catch me.

"In a hurry are we?" Nate asks. I look down to see his leg still wrapped up.

"Yep," I say as I turn out of his hold and walk backwards towards the front door. "You might wanna have Rebecca and Zoie check that." I run up to the door to be greeted by silence, and I decide to put on my shoes as I wait--the first thing I've done at normal speed so far.

"Ready?" Chase asks as he walks over with car keys.

"Ohhhh," I gasp in awe. "You got a car?!" He smiles proudly and holds the door open for me to walk onto the porch and down the stone steps leading to the driveway.

"Yep," he says popping the 'p'. It's a bright blue hummer. God, he knew me so well. I slide into the passenger seat and wait for him to get in and start the car. "Hurry up slowpoke."

He turns towards me as the engine roars to life. "Gosh, what's got you in a jumpy attitude?"

I couldn't tell him the truth--that I was trying to do anything and everything to distract myself from Matt. How terrible is it that the universe saw fit to put us together? I knew I had to get out of the house. If I stayed, then Matt would cloud my better judgement once again, and I wouldn't be able to resist him. The sensible thing was to resist. He was alpha. I was born to be alpha. Our personalities would clash, not even mentioning our alpha sides. The last thing the world needed was two mated alphas trying to run the same pack. Hahaha, hell no.