Prolouge 1: THE HOSTAGE

The scene opens up in an elevator where a female android is standing there, flipping a quarter. She has short blonde hair in a pixie cut, blue eyes, tan skin, an LED in her right temple, a gray suit with black trousers, a white button up shirt, and black tie with a clip on and black dress shoes. On her suit, she has a blue arm band on her right bicep, the official CyberLife logo on the back and left breast, and her model and serial numbers on the right breast.

RK400 #687 899 150-51

She keeps flipping the coin, even doing small ticks like rolling it on top her knuckles, and flicking it across her hands back and fourth. The elevator finally reaches the top floor. She catches the coin with her middle and index fingers, pockets it, straightens her tie, and enters the apartment when the elevator door opens.

Two officers saw her, and quickly left to inform the captain the 'negotiator' has arrived. The android scans a family photo and returns a fish who had fallen out of the aquarium. A woman, who was identified as Mrs. Philips, was being escorted by an officer when they met the android

Mrs. Philips: please! You gonna save my little girl... (She looks at the clothing and recognized it as an android) Wait, you're sending, an android?!

The officer quickly escorts her away, despite the protests she was giving. The android made its way through the apartment until she found the captain of the S.W.A.T. team.

???: Captain Allen. My name is Kara. I'm the android sent by CyberLife.

Capt. Allen: it's firing at everything that moves. We can get to it, but it's on the ledge. If it falls, she falls.

Kara: do you know if it's been behaving like this before?

Capt. Allen: I haven't got a clue. What does it matter?

Kara: I need as much information to determine the best approach (Beat) Have you tried its deactivation code?

Captain Allen: it's the first thing we tried. (Turns to look at her) Listen, every second we got risks losing that kid. So either you deal with this fucking android, or I'll take care of it.

Kara knew that she had to stop the deviant and save the hostage, but in order to do that, she needs to get as much information as she can. So, she starts recreating the crime scene. She gathers enough information, including the deviant's name, how close it was to Emma, why it killed the father, and what triggered it to become deviant. With all the information, Kara makes her way to the balcony where the deviant has Emma. It shoots Kara in the shoulder as it threatens to jump.

Daniel: stay back! Don't come any closer or I'll jump.

Emma:(crying) no! No! Please, I'm begging you!

As Daniel pointed the gun back at her, Kara noticed that snipers were taking positions on the other nearby buildings. She decided to get Daniels attention.

Kara: Hi Daniel! My name is Kara!

Daniel: how... how do you know my name?

Kara: I know a lot of things about you. I've come to get you out of here.

After she said that, a helicopter came over and started to bring the probably of success down.

Kara: I know you're angry Daniel, but you need to trust me, and let me help you.

Daniel: I don't want your help! Nobody can help. I just want all of this to stop, I-I just want all of this to stop! (He then points the gun at her.) Are you armed?!

Kara almost lies, but given that she needs to gain his trust, she tells the truth
Kara: yes. I have a gun.

Daniel: drop it. No sudden moves or I'll shoot.

(Kara grabs the gun and tosses it aside.)
Kara: there. No more gun.

As Kara approached slowly, she noticed an officer still alive but bleeding. She knelt down to help him.

Kara: he's losing blood. If we don't get him to a hospital, he's going to die.

Daniel: all humans die eventually. What does it matter if this one dies?

Kara: I'm going to apply a tourniquet.

Daniel: (points gun and shoots a warning shot) Don't touch him! Touch him, and I'll kill you.

Kara: (undos her tie and wraps it around the bullet wound) You can't kill me. I'm not alive.

Kara gets up from her position and walks slowly to Daniel.

Kara: they were going to replace you, and you became upset. That's what happened, right?

Daniel: I thought I was part of the family. I thought I mattered. But I was just their toy! Something to throw away when you're done with it!

Kara: I know you and Emma were very close. You think she's betrayed you, but she's done nothing wrong.

Daniel: SHE LIED TO ME! I thought she loved me! But I was wrong. (points the gun at Emma's head) She's just like all the other humans!

Emma: Daniel no.

Kara: listen. I know it's not your fault. These emotions you're feeling are just errors in your software.

Daniel: (brokenly) no. It's not my fault. I never wanted to hurt them. I loved them. (voice returns to anger) But I was nothing to them! Just a slave to be ordered around! (Groans as the helicopter remained in its position) I can't stand that noise! Tell that helicopter to get out of here!

Kara then uses a hand signal to tell the helicopter to leave. Luckily, they understood her, and left to a rooftop.

Kara: there. I did what you wanted. You have to trust me Daniel. Let the hostage go, and I promise you, everything will be fine.

Daniel: I want everyone to leave! A-and I want a car. When I'm outside the city I'll let her go.

Kara: that's impossible Daniel. Let the girl go, and I promise, you won't be hurt.

Daniel: (soft and scared tone) I don't want to die.

Kara: you're not going to die, we're just going to talk. Nothing will happen to you. You have my word.

Daniel: (after a long pause, gives a response) ok. I trust you.

He releases Emma and she quickly moves away from the ledge. Everything was calm for a few seconds. But unexpectedly, the snipers fired three shots at Daniel, killing him. But after he fall on his knees, his last words left Kara with a haunting feeling.

Daniel: you lied to me Kara. (metallic voice) You lied to me.
His systems shut down, and his LED turned completely off.

SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ^

Kara was about to turnaround and leave, but something told her to comfort Emma. She walk over to her and knelt down to her level.

Kara: are you ok, Emma?

Emma: (sobbing) thank you. I thought he was gonna kill me.

Kara: shh, everything's alright. No one's going to hurt you. You're safe, now.

Emma then wrapped her arms around Kara. Kara was shocked by this, but soon returned the hug. The S.W.A.T. team came in and tended to Emma after she let's go. Kara took one last look at Daniel, and left the building.

MISSION: SUCCESSFUL