Chapter 6//Real Life

July 25, 2014

*TW: Mention of rape*

"Tell me more about you," Sky said to the girl that was laying next to him. The two had been hanging out with their other friends for hours, but got annoyed by how loud they were and moved to Presley's hotel room to watch a movie.

"You already know me," Presley laughed.

"I wanna know the real shit too, though," the red head looked over at the girl next to him. "I know you're super close with your cousin and I've heard you refer to him as your brother. What's his deal?"

"Alright, yeah, I guess that's something I don't talk about a lot," Presley sighed. "Well, my dad and his mom were first cousins, and growing up, they were always really close. When she was, I don't know, 18 she was, uh, gang raped and got pregnant from it. So she had Logan, and none of us know who the father is. After that, she got hooked on coke and shit, and ended up ODing three times. When she was in the hospital before she died, she asked my dad to take Logan in. He was about to turn 5, I had just turned 3, and my brother was only 3 months old. I can barely remember a time where he wasn't living with us, and when he was like 12 my parents legally adopted him. So yeah, he's like my brother. He's always treated me like he is."

"Damn," Sky said with his eyes wide. "You didn't have to tell that."

"You asked," she shrugged. "I haven't told anyone that in a while, but I guess I just feel comfortable around you."

"I know what you mean, I feel that way too," he smiled at her. The pair stared into each other's eyes, and everything just felt right. That was, until there was a banging on Presley's hotel room door.

"There you are!" Ben yelled when Presley opened the door.

"Where else would we have been," she laughed. "Wait, did you just notice we were gone?"

"We were..." Josh started.

"Distracted?" Nico finished.

"Yeah, we could hear you guys yelling at each other for the past hour," Sky sat up as the 5 boys let themselves in the room.

"And what have you two been doing in here?" Ben smirked.

"Watching a movie," Presley rolled her eyes, and sat back down on the bed. "Y'all were way too loud. It was giving me a headache."

"Yeah, sure," Josh winked, earning a scoff from Presley.

"He wishes," she chucked, hoping it would mask the blush she knew was creeping onto her cheeks. "Now that you've all invited yourselves in, why don't we just turn this onto a movie night?"

The boys all agreed, and the seven of them sprawled out across the room. Ben, Jeff, and Josh all sat on the extra bed, while Jordan and Nico sat on the small couch. That left Presley and Sky on the bed they had been on for a while. Not too far into Toy Story 3, which Ben, Josh, and Nico had insisted on watching, Presley was fast asleep, happy to have made such incredible friends so fast.