Chapter 20

Kidd

I stood outside my car searching for my mom, both Saniyah and Ethan were asleep in the backseat. I'm anxious for them to meet their grandma for the first time. I'm sure my mom is beyond excited xand ready to meet them. They're all she talks about now, it makes me proud to see them receive so much love.

I waved and shouted towards my mom the moment I noticed her coming out of the airport. She rushed towards me, walking as fast as her little legs would allow her.

"Salaam, baby I missed you!"

"I missed you too mom. How was your flight?"

"There was a little turbulence.. I had to call on the Lord. But other than that it was alright"

I grabbed her bags and put them in the trunk while she opened the back door to see the kids. I watched her kiss their cheeks and look at them in awe. I couldn't help but smile, she was finally getting to see my little ones.

"They're just the cutest little chunky babies I have ever seen. You and their mom sure feed them good"

"They both like to eat, just like me"

"Oh I know, you were a big baby. You looked like Ethan was now at only ten months. I wish, I could watched you grow up..."

She sighed and closed the door before getting in the front seat. I don't want her to feel bad for missing out on my life. She can redeem herself by being the best grandma to these kids. Seeing her interact with them makes me happy. I know they're gonna love her when they wake up and get to spend time with her.

I got into my car and grabbed my mom's hand. She's done enough beating herself up about not being their. I'm twenty four years old, if I could go back in time I would. If I could change the past I would, but I can't so I'm not going to dwell on it.

"Mom, you weren't there.. that's fine. You're here now which is what's truly important. We have to make the most of today and build from here on out. I love you, you know that"

"I know.. but it's still hard. I feel guilty that I missed out on so much"

"But you're here now. That's all that matters"

She sat back and put her seatbelt on not saying a thing..

:

I held both Saniyah and Ethan on my lap trying to introduce them to their grandma. They wanted to run free and tear my house up instead..

"Hey, daddy's talking to you. Say hi to grandma"

They looked at her and shyly waved, my mom's cheeks turned bright as she smiled widely. I swear he cheeks were probably sore from smiling so much.

"Hey babies.. it's granny. I'm going to spoil you two. Oh just wait until Eliza gets here, I can't wait"

"They're going to love you. Just wait until their mom's gets them back. She's gonna get me for letting you spoil them rotten.. then again her dad has them spoiled already"

"Do you think you two will work things out?"

"No, I messed up pretty bad.. if we do I'll never take her for granted again. But I'm sure that won't happen"

"You don't have any faith"

"I do.. I'm just telling you based off what she told me"

"Sure, when you have kids with someone. You never truly stop fooling around with them. I'm sure you two still talk and flirt maybe even do the deed"

I laughed at her reference to sex.. oh how I wish she would still let me hit. But I'd probably foolishly get her pregnant back to back. Or I'd beg her to take me back each time, I really do want to fix things but hey. As long as I have my son and my daughter I'm good. They should be my main focus not a relationship that I know their mom doesn't want with me. I looked at my little girl and sighed, she's beautiful just like her mom. I should have both my girls in my arms not just one..

My mom put Ethan down and touched my hand. "What's wrong son?"

"I want her back"

"Well go get her"

"It's not that easy. She's done this time, she gave me one chance and I blew it"

"Try harder.. if that doesn't work, then maybe it's best you two stay separated"

"That's the thing. I don't wanna try, I shouldn't have to try. What if I go out of my way and show her I'm for real this time. And she's moved on? My heart would be broken.. it would be crushed"

I kissed my daughters cheek causing her to pull on my goatee.

"That's life, sometimes we realize things a little too late. The only thing you can do is move on if it comes down to it"

"I can't just move one. I'm not happy with anyone else. I don't wanna see her happy with anyone else.."

"That's your problem boy, you're selfish. Think about your little girl. You have to be the kind of man you'd want her to be with in the future. Do you want her to fall for a guy that's gonna get her pregnant, cheat and break her heart?"

"No, I'd beat her ass if she got pregnant. Let alone, stayed with a guy that treated her like that"

"Exactly so what makes her mother any less worthy? Zanobia doesn't deserve that kind of love.. if that's what you kids wanna call it"

I sat in silence staring my daughter in the face. She's so innocent and just so amazing.. she deserves the world and more and so does my son..

"I wanna meet her.... today"

"Huh?"

"Their mom.. I wanna meet this girl you supposedly can't get enough of"