The Truth of Jack Frost

Jack

            Man in Moon… just like my dream. “What? What do you mean? Who are you then!?” I ask. Now I’m pissed, my whole life has been a lie. “Jack please, let us explains.” Jenny says. I look at her. “You!” I point at her and walk to her. “Who the hell are you then? Is your real name Jenny or is that a lie too?” She sighs, “My name is Jenny. But people call me Cupid…” She stands up and I can see two angel wings come out of her back. Her blue jeans and shirt are gone and she was wearing a red dress with pink hearts on it. And I see a bow and arrow on her hip. She sighs with relief. “It feels so good to have my wings out again.” “Cupid, really? So does that mean Santa is real and the Easter Bunny?” I ask almost about to laugh but I can tell no one was laughing.

            “Please tell me you’re joking…” John or Manny shook his head. “Their real Jack. And you know them. We’ll let them explain later. Right now, we have to tell you about well you.” I go back to my chair and wait, “Tell me everything.” I see Manny grab Jenny’s hand as he starts to speck. “You died Jack, a very long time ago. You died saving your sister in a frozen lake. I was so proud of you; you gave up your life for the life of your little sister Emma. So I gave you another life as Jack Frost, guardian of fun. But, no one really believed in you at first. Till…” he looks at Jenny.

            “Till the boogeyman come back or as you know him as, Pitch.” I felt my fist clench, “Pitch is the boogeyman… That explains a lot why people fear him.” Manny nods, “The other guardians helped you, and you helped them defend Pitch.  When it was all over, everyone went back to their lives but you.” “Why didn’t I? Why can’t I be Jack Frost?” Jenny got up and moves over to me. She grabbed my hand. “Because you did something that no guardian has done that wasn’t planned.” I look at her, “What did I do?”

            “You fell in love with a human.”  That made me opens my fist and put my hand on my heart, Elsa. “No guardian has done that and when we found out, we found you in the snow passed out. We don’t know how you got there, and your hair was turning blue. We didn’t know what happened but we thought we were protecting you by taking your memories, and powers and we gave you new ones.” Manny says with a sigh as he moves his fingers though his hair. I touch my hair where I know the blue streak was at. “Elsa… Gave me this streak. Does that mean that she was the one who turned my hair blue?” “We don’t know.” Cupid said. “So… the families curse?” “Fake, we are a family but this is not a curse, we were born to be who we are. Because of Manny.” Jenny looks at Manny and smiles. He smiles back. “So… the whole turning someone into an immortal with love… Is fake?” I ask, scared now because I could lose Elsa now in so many years… I didn’t want that.

            “Well, Cupid has different powers for that reason. She can make people find their true love but she can also.” “Help keep lovers together forever. It’s my job; to keep lovers together to death do their part.” I look at her. “So me and Elsa?” She smiles, “My son, this is still young love, unless you risk your life for hers or she risks her life for you, it might not happen. It’s not true love if that happens.” I would do that for Elsa, I would do anything for her and she would do anything for me. I just know it.

            I stand up and look at both of them, they were my family wither I didn’t understand it or not. “I want to get my memories back; I want to get my powers back. I want to be a guardian again.”