Chapter: 2

Anousheh's P.O.V
I stumbled inside our four walls and helped Azayn place the water we had just collected from the water pump on the only piece of furniture we own; a low, wooden table. When I look to mother who was hunched in the corner, I knew why. She was expecting but with the way things looked it didn't seem like mother was expecting something well and healthy. I slumped next to mother trying to comfort her and stop the endless tears that flowed down her soft, delicate face. When I failed to succeed I just sat there drained from the long walk. I was desperate for something to eat but I knew that I would have to wait till tomorrow when we went to the street markets. I proceeded to drink water thinking it would put an end my hunger but all it did was ease it for a small period of time and make my bladder furious.

"Anousheh, come watch the sunset." Azayn whispered, trying not to wake mother, whose tears had finally subsided and was currently in a deep sleep. Azayn then left wanting for me to follow. I gently moved mothers arm from my lap to the torn sheet that she lay on and slowly lifted myself from the ground. Being careful not to wake mother by the squeaks that came with every step on our wooden, collapsing floor. I snuck out the door and met Azayn just before the tree line.
We sat on the hard ground watching the sky filled with oranges and pinks slowly change to a black, filled with brightly lit stars.

"Remember when you where six and father told you that when you die you become a star and convinced you that if you had a high enough ladder you could pluck the stars right from the sky. Then the person that belonged to that star would magically appear somewhere on earth." I was stunned to hear Azayn mention father considering she knew I didn't like to. But I didn't mind it this time, this time was more comforting.

"Hey, I wasn't the only one. you also considered the thought that one could just pluck a soul from the sky and you were ten." I looked at Azayn with a smile and to my contempt, she smiled back.

"I still believe that when the time comes for you to leave Earth you soul retreats to the starts, watching over everyone."
Azayn and I stay outside watching each star appear until there is no more. fatigue takes a hold forcing us to withdraw ourselves from the night sky and head back. As soon as Azyan and I are back inside we head straight to the comfort of mother. All three of us lay snuggled together waiting for the sun to appear once more.

*Authors note*
Hope you enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to more. If so please vote and comment with any feedback.(: