my past

Growing up I've always been taught to be ruthless, to be king, and that was what I became and that is what I'll stay, but she changes me to make me a good kind she is my queen, my conscience, she stands by my side and we rule together, the prophecy hangs over us by a thread, taunting us but she isn't to know she can't know.

As my family go to war I stand and wait with Adelina, we stand and watch as chaos and dicord wreak havoc across the city so I turn and say to her "let's go somewhere love, together and live our long lives" she nods and agrees, still unaware of what I am, but I've known from the day i met her that she was mine.

We go to our favourite city, we visit new Orleans just in time for mardi gras, the streets filled with joy, mystery and music, jazz to be exact and we dance away to the music, we then head back to the house and enjoy some drinks and head off to bed, as I sleep I see my past attacking my dreams as I kick out in fear, she rests her hand on my shoulder while the visions of what I am assault me while I am paralyzed by fear, the flashes of that monster taunts me as I force my eyes to open, as she greets me with a hug as I embrace her loving arms she sees my eyes full of pain and comforts me, I fall to sleep in her arms as she is the only one to see me weak and in pain and comfort me. For I am usually the monster that hurts others.

A child fighting his father for his life, screaming in fear for the small child only knows pain and fear, crying for someone, anyone to help and everyone turns away, a father making a child into the monster he wants to create.

The nightmares, the pain, the rage, I can't hold it in something bad is coming but it's ok, my fiance Is by my side I can face anything. Right?