Bask Ruins

Mario: Meggy? Where are you?!

Meggy: Mario, help!

Meggy was stuck underneath some debris. Mario ran over to her and lifted the debris up, Meggy crawled out from underneath.

Meggy: Thank you!

Mario: No problem, Meggy. But i just want to know what the HELL happened earlier!

Meggy: Same here! The stadium has been ruined!

Toad ran over to Mario and Meggy.

Toad: Are you two okay?!

Mario: Yeah!

Meggy: I'm good, but my leg really hurts...

Mario: Here, let me help with that.

Mario started to carry Meggy, which made her blush.

Meggy: T-thanks...

Toad: Oh, man! That tornado was intense! It really messed up the stadium. I still can't believe that happened... It's like a real-life nightmare! I don't see Luigi and the others anywhere. Where could they be?!

Meggy: Toad, calm down! We'll fix this situation!

Peach and Daisy came along, Mario and Meggy gave Peach a death stare.

Daisy: I have a bad feeling about this. Wario and Waluigi were even more suspicious than usual.

Peach:  It sounds crazy, but i believe it was the racket's grip tape that wrapped up poor Luigi. How unsettling. 

Daisy: Toad... You know something, don't you? That winning smile can't fool me!

Toad: Well... It's just a rumor, but they say this island was once home to the prosperous Kingdom of Bask.

Peach: Oh, of course! Bask Ruins in the desert is a relic of that once great kingdom. I hear archaeologists went there recently to research it.

Toad: Tennis was very popular in the Kingdom of Bask. The ruin walls are filled with paintings of people playing. Among those wall paintings is one that's... very strange, to say the least.

Meggy: Hmm? What is the painting?

Toad: It's of a spooky racket floating in the sky with people bowing down before it. It almost looks like the racket is controlling them...

Mario: Huh?!

Meggy: Whoa!

Peach: A racket with mind-control powers? Oh goodness!

Daisy: Wait a minute! Are you suggesting that Luigi and the others are being controlled by an almighty tennis racket?!

Toad: We can't rule it out! For now, maybe we can find out more at Bask Ruins.

Daisy: You're right! Let's go right now!

Toad: Wait, wait, wait! That sounds dangerous! Too dangerous for important diplomats like you two.

Peach & Daisy: Awww...

Meggy: Can we help?

Mario: I'm getting curious about this racket. 

Toad: Alright then! Princess Peach and Princess Daisy, please allow Mario, Meggy, and me to go investigate on your behalf. Besides, it's possible Luigi and the others will turn up while we're gone. 

Peach: Yes, that's true. In that case, we leave this important task to you, dear friends. 

Mario: -Friend? Pfft... Don't make me laugh, Princess Bitch...-