three

Ryujin dreamed of her soulmate again that night. She was glad to see the other smiling at her, and was also a tiny bit relieved after what she had read before bed. There's no telling what'll happen to her soulmate before they find each other.

Ryujin did her best to push the story to the back of her mind. All she had wanted was a simple answer and she had gotten a huge fear that she can't seem to shake. She'll be okay, Ryujin kept telling herself. They'll find each other pretty soon. South Korea isn't that big.

When she went back to school on Monday, it was obvious how uneasy and nervous she was.

"I hope you haven't overdose on coffee," Yeji said when Ryujin stepped out of her house that morning.

Ryujin chuckled and waved a hand. "No, I haven't had any since Saturday."

"Why so jittery then?"

"Uh...no reason." Ryujin bit her bottom lip as they started to walk.

She could feel Yeji's gaze on the side of her face as they headed towards Jisu's place before heading to school. She tried to be normal, asking how Yeji's weekend went. And when Jisu joined the duo, Ryujin talked less and less, opting to let the elder two converse with each other. It wasn't until they arrived at the school that Yeji said something again.

"Are you really okay? You're way too quiet."

"Yeah," Jisu agreed, turning to the younger. "You're usually so talkative and annoying!"

Ryujin scowled at Jisu before she shrugged. "I'm fine, unnie. Just... tired?"

"I'm not convinced, but okay," Yeji said before walking into he building.

Still, Ryujin pretended she was fine, smiling when Jisu's gaze lingered on her.

When she got to her classroom, she sat in her normal seat beside Chaeryeong. The younger wasn't there yet, so Ryujin began talking with some of the guys in her class. When Chaeryeong did come in finally, she was smiling brightly.

"Whoa, turn down the brightness," Ryujin joked. "What has you smiling so early in the morning?"

"We just got new neighbors and they have a daughter who's so cute!"

Ryujin shook her head, imagining Chaeryeong and Chaeyeon cooing over a toddler. "Are the neighbors nice?"

"Yeah! You and the others should come over and meet them sometime!"

"Sounds fun!" Ryujin didn't think the parents would be all that fine with random teens playing with their daughter, but maybe they were. They could possibly be looking for babysitters.

As class started, Chaeryeong's new neighbors slipped from Ryujin's mind. In fact, Ryujin forgot all about the neighbors, as she had other things on her mind. More specifically, a certain girl with a bright, sunshine smile.

"Can I borrow your notes?" Ryujin asked during a short break.

"What? How come?"

Ryujin tried her hardest to not blush, but she couldn't stop the heat creeping up her neck. "I've been a bit distracted."

"Unnie," Chaeryeong sighed. "Shame on you! But I don't have all the notes either."

Ryujin was about to ask why, but decided against it and turned to Jeongin for his notes instead. Even then, she couldn't stop thinking about her soulmate.

kinda short, im sorry, but i promise it's not a filler chapter!!
this also took so long to publish because i was writing this next chapter, yeehaw
anyways, check out MIROH for clear skin👌