Chapter Four: Beginnings

Liliana woke up as the alarmed blared, she groaned and rubbed her eyes. She glanced over at the clock, it read 6:30 am. Letty was already up, she could hear the shower running. Liliana walked into the bathroom and started brushing her teeth.

"Lil is that you?" asked Letty.

"Mmmhmm," replied Liliana her mouth full of tooth paste.

"Can't believe you got drunk on a school night, you feeling okay?" Letty asked.

Liliana rinsed out her mouth and splashed water on her face. "Better than I deserve, thanks for taking care of me last night" she said.

"You would do the same for me" Letty claimed. She was right, Letty was pretty much the only family Liliana had, she would die before letting anything happen to her little sister.

Liliana went and got dressed, black jeans black and white top and her favorite leather jacket, a typical Lili look. Lili hoped that her dad was still asleep, or he hadn't come home last night, she did not want to deal with him this morning. Today has to be a good day, she thought to herself as she headed downstairs. 

To her surprise Castillo was behind the counter, cooking breakfast

To her surprise Castillo was behind the counter, cooking breakfast. She was surprised, he is usually never up this early and she can't remember the last time he made eggs.

"Buenos dias hija (Good morning daughter)" he said.

"Hi papa..." she replied hesitantly.

"I know you are upset with me, so I wanted to make it up to you, here, have some eggs" he said, reaching out and placing scrambled eggs on a plate in front of her.

"By making eggs?" she asked.

"Well it's a start hija" he claimed giving her a small smile.

Lili wondered what was actually going through his mind, there had to be catch. Thankfully, before he could speak again Letty walked in. She looked beautiful, as always. She was wearing ripped jeans, a crop top and a cardigan. She just knew fashion and always looked so effortlessly beautiful. Liliana and Letty were the exact opposite. Letty was loud and flamboyant, and it always reflected in her attire. Liliana was quieter and more kept to herself, her wardrobe full of dark colours and leather.