Chapter One: A Peice Of The Fame Cake

(Disclaimer: I totally support Jack, editor Kai, and Wilbur. I personally believe they are all good people. The purpose I had in mind while writing this story was to create an interesting fanfiction for you to enjoy and hopefully for Jack to react to. Thanks for reading!)

Jack Massey Welsh sat in his office recording a video for his YouTube channel, JackSucksAtLife. "Swirl my face," he laughed. "No no, that's too much," he informed the camera. "Ah, yes. Stop there. That's perfect," he continued as he grabbed a red kazoo. He raised it to his mouth and gave out a loud toot. "Now, follow my finger," he demanded as he moved his pointer finger back and forth. "Kai, don't you think you should come in here? Just fill up this space." Jack motioned towards his right. "Go ahead Kai, pull out the green screen."
You see, Kai was Jack's editor. He edited multiple videos a week for Jack, yet Jack found it comedic to make Kai do seemingly small things for no reason. However, the truth of the matter was that those "little things" Jack demanded, actually took Kai quite a bit of time. Jack always assumed he controlled his editor, but never stopped to think that in fact, Kai controlled him.
Everything was to change for Jack after Kai made one very important phone call. "Hello, Willbur? Do you know what you are to do?" Kai inquired. "Good, and remember, don't tell Jack I put you up to this. You are just another fan, in it for 'the fame cake,' as he might say." As Kai ended the call, a mischievous smile swept across his face.
The next morning Jack received an intriguing email. It was from someone named Wilbur Soot and was titled, "New Editor Application [IMPORTANT]." The contents of the email explained that in a previous video, Jack mentioned wanting a new editor. Of Course Jack was only joking and Kai even left text on the screen explaining that. However, Jack using his youtuber mind, knew letting Wilbur edit even one video would get views. Imagine it, "I let a random guy edit this video." Jack also knew that views equalled money. He loved money. That being said, Jack agreed to let Wilbur edit a Minecraft video, for no pay of course.
If only Jack knew what he was getting himself into. Maybe he wouldn't have agreed? Or maybe he still would have. Whatever the answer may be, Jack still did agree and strange things started happening. Wilbur didn't simply edit a video for Jack, he left clues within it. At first Jack thought it was just fun and games. In fact, he even let Wilbur edit a second video, then another, and another. Jack started to realize how desperate and obsessed Wilbur was to become his full time editor.
Jack started getting scared. He was not only worried for his own safety, but his fans. Wilbur started leaving boxes in locations with clues for Jack's viewers to find. Jack's fans were smart and almost always figured them out, yet the clues still pointed to nowhere. Even though Wilbur worried Jack, it didn't stop him from letting Wilbur edit videos. It was free editing. Free content. Free views. Jack eventually agreed to fire Kai and hand his job over to Wilbur. He couldn't help feeling bad for his former editor, but little did he know that everything was going according to Kai's plan.