I | I love you too

The sound of silence was something everyone in town was used to at night. The cold wind whistled through the tree leaves while the owls hunted for their evening prey. Thankfully for the owls, they'll get their prey. Unthankfully for this assassin, he will not.

"Please, have mercy, I-" His words were cut off when I decided to put my mud covered boot over his mouth. His muffled cries stopping due to the wet mud coating his lips and throat.

"You came into my home. Attacked my boyfriend. And you're asking for mercy?" I remove my foot before crouching down to his face, my hand gripping him by the hair. "I do not give mercy to those who hurt me." I throw his head against the floor, "Or my boyfriend."

"Give 'im hell, Han." I turn to see Jesse holding an old rag to his nose. "Felt like he broke ma nose." 

I turn back to the man on the ground, "Then I feel it is only fair to return the favor." My fist never moved so fast, the sound of bone crunching when it connects with his nose. His screams trying their hardest to come through all of the mud. "What should we do with him, Jesse?"

I hear the sound of spurs behind me, followed by the sound of a gun being cocked. "I say put 'im outta his misery."

I hum, looking at the puddle of filth on the floor mixing with blood. "There is already so much blood staining our floor." I say, "I just mopped."

I hear a small scoff from Jesse before the man is knocked upside the head with the back of his pistol. "I'll break 'is legs and feed him to the omnics." 

Jesse and I decided to move to a more dangerous part of the states. Mostly so we can kill without being questioned, mostly so we're left alone from normal people. With the up rise of the omnics going around, a few gun shots aren't unheard of. It's one of the easiest ways to dispose of people for us. Throw them in an omnic infested area and see if they can escape.

They never do.

"Feel free." I say, turning to get the mop. "I have to clean again."

I hear Jesse grunt, the man screaming loudly, despite the mud. By the time I return with the mop, the guy had passed out. Jesse had dragged him away to the front door so I could clean the mess while he takes care of his nose.

"Yer father doesn't know when ta quit." Jesse mutters around the rag. "'e's gonna run outta men."

"You would think that." I mop up the blood and dirt, wringing the mop out on the man, not even seeing him move. He's out. "He will enlist the entirety of Japan to have me hunted down and killed."

Jesse laughs, coming over to me after his nose stops bleeding. "There's nothin' we can't handle." He brings me into a soft kiss. "The best archer and gunslinger in the West."

"Not to mention our martial arts training." I hum, returning the small kiss. "Let's dispose of him so we can get some sleep."

"Unless someone else wants ta show up and join' im." 

Surely someone else was near and ready to attempt their attack. They will fail. They always fail. No one ever makes it back to father alive. If at all.

We dropped his body off at the nearest omnic only area, leaving him there for the omnics to deal with. They don't take kindly to humans entering their territory for any reason and often kill on sight. Jesse and I have a small truce with them at the moment. They don't attack us, we give them target practice. It's an odd alliance, but it works for now.

"What are we gonna do when 'e learns it'll take more than one or two of 'em?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Fight until we can't anymore." I open the door to our home. "Most of the people in this town wouldn't enjoy a bunch of assassins in their territory anyhow. They won't last long."

Jesse hums, giving me, yet another, kiss. I feel like he kisses me more when someone just recently threatened my life and I'm okay with that. "I got work in the mornin'. That steel ain't gonna move itself."

"It might if you train it to." I smile, "Go wash up, you smell."

He huffs, "Yer the one that got in a fight."

"And I don't have a drop of blood on me." I grin, "Now go, I will be in bed when you are done."

He hums, heading to the bathroom to shower while I finish cleaning up. There wasn't much left to do, just a couple dishes and a quick sweep of the kitchen. Then we can get some sleep and forget today happened until it happens again.

~

When Jesse was done with his shower, I took one myself. Normally we showed together if we had the time, but we did not. Every time we shower together we spend much longer in there than needed. Jesse likes to fool around and I like to let him.

"I get paid tomorrow." Jesse says from bed. "Do you want to go somewhere a bit nicer to eat?"

"I don't know."I say, "I'm starting to like the roadkill."

He laughs, "I'm serious. I'm off for a while after that. We can take a weekend out of town."

"Like where?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Up by the grand canyon? Go up Route 66, stay at a nicer place for a while?"

I hum, "That does sound nice. I will think about it while you are at work tomorrow." I turn off the table lamp before sliding into the bed sheets. "Now rest."

He chuckles lightly, his arms pulling me closer to him. "I love ya, Han."

"I love you too."