1-Surprise

A/n: I don't own Ouran High School Host Club or its characters. I don't own locations or the character's lines. All rights to their original owner. I also don't own the image above, all rights to its original owner.

Hiromi's POV

I am a Fujioka twin. I'm one of the two lucky scholarship students this year. Well, Haruhi and I... I stared up at the large pink school building. I can't believe that we did it... Haruhi called out, "Come on, Hiromi!" I stared at her in her brown sweater.

I looked at her with slight surprise, "Coming!" I reached to where I was walking in pace with her. I felt all eyes on us and looked down at my black sweater. I mumbled, "I'm surprised..."

Haruhi pondered, "Why?"

I replied, "You're so much smarter than me... I don't get how I passed too..."

Haruhi stated, "Just because you have problems doesn't mean that your dumb. No matter what anyone else says, I know you aren't stupid."

We finally arrived at the classroom. Haruhi slid open the door for us. I smiled, "Okay, thank you..."

We went in grabbing seats that were empty. A pair of red haired twins had gotten Haruhi to sit in between them. I ended up sitting in front of Haruhi. 1-A... The "peak" of the grade.

I hung my bag onto the hook of the desk. I heard, "Hiromi... Hiromi..." Must have zoned out.

I turned to Haruhi, "Yes?"

She stated, "Would you like to meet these guys?" I simply nodded my head yes. She continued, "These boys are the Hitachiin twins."

The one with his hair pointed to the right smiled. He stated, "I'm Hikaru."

The other with his hair pointed to the left chimed, "I'm Kaoru." They linked arms and smiled broadly.

I nodded my head toward them. I said, "I'm Hiromi Fujioka."

Hikaru said, "Wait Haruhi..."

Kaoru continued, "and Hiromi..."

In unison they exclaimed, "Fujioka? We have the transfer students in our class? You guys are twins?"

Haruhi sweat dropped, "Yeah, we're fraternal twins."

In unison the boys chorused, "Wow! This is exciting! I thought class would be boring like last year."

The door was abruptly opened by the teacher coming in. He smiled, "Hello, class. Take your seats. I'm your homeroom teacher, Mr.Yuki. Let's do introductions then get into the lesson."

-----

I sat at my desk waiting for the school day to be over. Yes, only 10 more minutes! Soon enough the bell rang. I followed out last and nodded to the teacher on the way.

I smiled falling back into step beside Haruhi who had came out after me. I looked at her, "So which library should we go to, Haruhi?"

Haruhi said, "Well, let's check them out first."

---

We went to libraries yet we eventually gave up. Haruhi said, "Why aren't they quiet in libraries?" We continued walking until we ended up in front of a music room. She sighed and held her head up to the door. She stated, "Well, maybe we should study here. It sounds quiet at least."

I nodded, "Sounds great. I got so confused during English today."

We grabbed the door handle and pushed it open. Haruhi and I peered in. We were met with a bright light and rose petals rushing towards us. There was a unanimous, "Welcome."

The lights dimmed out and I noticed six guys. All of them look nice... The only ones I recognized were the ginger twins. I heard the Hitachiin twins say in unison, "Hey look, it's the new twins in our class."

The tall blonde stated, "Men, we have two first-time guests." Guests?

Then Haruhi gently asked, "Guests?" The blonde rushed to her grabbing her hand. Haruhi quickly retracted her hand from him.

The black-haired boy with glasses pointed, "The twins are the devilish type..." The twins posed arms interlocked one with a pale orange rose and the other with a teal one. He continued with the shorter blonde, "Honey is the boy Lolita type." The blonde posed with a pink rose in both his hands.

He gestured to the tall black-haired boy, "Mori is the strong and silent type." He calmly held a dark blue rose in front of his chest. Kyoya smiled slightly, "Or would you prefer me as the cool type?" He held out a purple rose. He then stated, "Or would you prefer Tamaki..."

Tamaki held Haruhi's hand again, "the princely type."

Haruhi stammered, "I-I don't know."

I felt drawn into the situation until reality set in. The blonde, Tamaki, went on a rant about how Haruhi was "poor." Maybe Haruhi and I should get out of here? Seems like we might be better studying at home.

Tamaki stayed uncomfortably close to the Haruhi. Eventually, Haruhi ran into a pedestal while trying to avoid him. The vase that was on it started wobbling until it eventually fell.

Haruhi turned and tried to catch it but narrowly missed it. The vase fell to the floor shattering into millions of pieces. Soon afterward it was decided that Haruhi would be part of the host club to pay off the debt of the expensive vintage vase.

I felt frozen. Why is this our first day? Then they turned to me. The one with glasses, Kyoya, said, "Miss Fujioka, I believe you are just as responsible. You didn't try to help Haruhi stop the case from falling." I just stood still without an answer. Huh?

The small blonde, Honey, came over to me. He gently tugged in my hand "What's wrong?" He stared at me with puppy dog eyes.

Haruhi said, "Sorry, Hiro, so much for studying. Now we have a debt to pay."

Tamaki questioned, "Kyoya, tell me more about our other errand runner."

Kyoya said, "Miss Fujioka, Haruhi's younger twin sister. Her and Haruhi are the only students with enough sheer determination to get a scholarship to Ouran. Both of them got academic scholarships, although, Hiromi didn't score as well..."

I tuned him out. I guess that this club will be a daily thing now. I wasn't planning on this "host club!" I really hope this doesn't distract our studies. This will be an eventful school year, to say the least.