Chapter 5 - Out of my life!

Here you go. hope you like it. 

Giovanni----------------------------->>>

"Beautiful"

That one word was enough. It was enough to send my head into an all-time frenzy. What did he mean by that? I stared at the vampire who was still locked in a deep gaze at my sister. I didn't like the way he looked at her, as if she was some kind of property. If he thinks that he can just get his hands on her than he has another thing coming, and the thing was a 6' and 170 lbs of whoop ass if he thinks I'm just going to stand by and do nothing. He turned his gaze on me and his brow furrowed together.

"If you could stop your death glare at me, I'll explain why we've brought you here human." The vampire spat out the words to me like poison. To my surprise the werewolf growled.

"Watch your tone blood sucker. I won't hesitate to snap that neck of yours." If looks could kill than those two can definitely kill with just a gaze. The tension building in the air was suffocating and dangerous. I held on to my sister even tighter. After about a minute of the standoff, my sister was the one who broke the silence.

"Can you please tell me why I feel a pull to you?" Pull? What pull? I looked at her confused but saw that she was looking at the vampire. I turned my head to them both and noticed a sort of attraction to the werewolf, a sort of pull to be by his side. Is this what she was talking about? It couldn't be.

"Yes, Mi Dispiace. I'm sorry il mio piccolo. Well first let me introduce myself. My name is Giovanni Benedetto of the House of Benedetto. As you may have guessed it I am a vampire."

"And my name is Dominik Kristian of the Schatten Pack. I am a werewolf meine liebe," Dominik was staring at me the whole time he introduced himself. I can tell they were not American from their names but their accent was all American, except for when they were talking in their native tongue. I wonder what those words were that Dominik was saying. It sounded like a term of endearment from the soft way he spoke it.

"We are leaders of our perspective coven and pack and I think I can speak for Dominik that we've been waiting a very long time for the two of you." Oh shit? They really did want to kill us? Have they been stalking us this whole time? I need to get Maddie out of here. But what can I do with these two powerful leaders. I accepted my fate to die today but I just can't let Maddie die too.

I finally spoke but my voice was shaken and fearful. I gripped Maddie tighter, "Please. Just let her go. Just take my life and spare hers." I said this as tears started pooling out. I haven't cried in a long time only because I've had no reason to cry. Since I was 10 I've had to hide all of emotions and grow up. I couldn't show just how bad I wanted to break down in front of Maddie. She needed me.

Dominik got up from his seat and walked towards us. I sat Maddie further back in the couch and shielded her from Dominik. I couldn't let him hurt her. He stopped in front of us and began to lift his hand. I flinched but I stood my ground, well eyes. I wasn't going to be a coward in the last moments of my life. I didn't want that to be my last memory. To my surprise Dominik caressed my cheek with his hand and he knelt down closer to my face almost touching my lips. He closed his eyes and drew a deep breath and sighed in content, almost purring like a kitten as he was doing this. Shocked was an understatement for the state that I was in.

"Don't forget what we said earlier. We won't harm you. We can't harm you meine liebe." There was that word again. What did it mean? I swore I've heard it before. Before I could ask, Giovanni cleared his throat and in a blink of an eye was sitting next to Maddie. She squealed and buried her face deep into my jacket. I broke away from Dominik and help on to Maddie.  

"Yes, he is right. No harm shall ever come to you again il mio piccolo." He held out his hand for Maddie to take. Slowly she turned her head towards Giovanni and after fully facing him, she studied his hand. I wonder if she was going to take it.

"I don't feel any danger from you and I feel like I can trust you." a smile crept up Giovanni's face when she said this. Maddie always had a good sixth sense about trusting people. One time we were at one of the markets left operated by humans and we were battering with a vendor but she had a gut feeling that something was wrong. So we stopped the deal and went on our way. Later on we found out that the vendor had been selling tainted product and made the buyers sick and unable to move so that they can be robbed by his henchman later on.

She slowly lifter her hand to take Giovanni's and when they finally touched, Maddie let out one of her dazzling smiles. It was a smile that can break any barrier. I should know because she's definitely broken some of my barriers with that smile. Giovanni looked at her with nothing but love in his eyes.

Suddenly my eyes shot open. Meine liebe meant my love! I turned to face Dominik and he was still staring at me. I was confused. Why was he calling me his love?! As if he knew what I was thinking he answered my question. "You're my mate and your sister is Giovanni's familiar. His other half and from the way he is looking at her I'm willing to bet that he has accepted her as his other half. Am I right Giovanni?"

He didn't answer the question. He just kept on looking at Maddie like a boy who just found his long lost blankey. I'm guessing that's a yes?

"Now please, will you tell me my mate's name? I've been dying to know ever since I saw you." Dominik was still staring me down with his green eyes, full of lust and desire. He knelt down in front of me so that I was now looking down on him.

"My name is Mather Katz," I answer Dominik's question. He seemed to be contemplating something but I didn't know what. He finally smiled and whispered my name back to me. It felt right being said by him.

"I'm Maddie Katz." My sister said to Giovanni. "I don't understand though. What are a familiar and a mate?" There was the million dollar question. Humans don't really know much about vampire and werewolf culture. I've heard from talks that vampires and werewolves have other halfs but I never took it for anything.

Giovanni was the one to talk now, "Il mio piccolo, your smile is just so mesmerizing. Please do nothing but smile for me." I can feel Maddie getting closer to Giovanni. "But to answer your question, a familiar is a vampire's other half. The person who makes his/her life complete. A mate is the same to a werewolf, his/her destined half. We can't choose who our familiar and mates are but rather they are chosen for us by our Goddess, and you, my dear sweet Maddie, are my familiar."

"And you, Mather, are my mate," Dominik said to me. I froze. A mate? No I can't be. I won't. I got up and distanced myself from the three of them.

"No. I can't. Maddie you can't be either. This is crazy." I was almost shouting now. Maddie got up to walk towards me and I met her halfway.

"Mather what are you talking about? Giovanni is..."

"A vampire!" I cut her off before she could finish. "I know you were young but you can't forget. Vampires and werewolves took our family from us. Vampires and werewolves killed our mom and dad that night. They took everything from us. They made us who we are now." I was shouting at her by now. She had tears coming down cheeks on both side and I pulled her into a hug. I hated reminding her of what happened that night, but I had to. We can't be here. We can't be with them. It would taint our parent's memories. I looked at the two shocked faces. "I'm sorry but we are leaving."

With that I turned around and opened the door. I grabbed Maddie by her hands and ran out of the mansion and out of their lives.  

  -------------------------

You know I can't just have a fairy tale story now :) Gotta stay tuned to see what happens. By the way I hope you like what Giovanni looks like. He's yummy :) I'll reveal who'll play Dominik in the next chapter. Comment and vote please :)