Part 9

I just stared at the text astonished. Why did he text me? What did he want?

I opened up the app he texted me on and replied "Uhhh... yeah?" I stared at my text for a few minutes, and shut my phone down. (Not like off, but like it's on but it's just a black screen)

I put my phone on my night stand, and walked towards my closet to find some PJs. Right when I pulled out a shirt my phone went off. I looked at my night stand, and I saw that my phone had lit up.

I brought the shirt to my bed, and laid it down on my bed. I picked up my phone, and it read Chris. What he sent confused me. "I need to talk to you." I furrowed my eyebrows, as I looked at the text. Go find it.~ Huh? If my mind is playing tricks on me it needs to stop, I must be going crazy there is no way I'm going to find this beast. I shook the idea and I was about to text Chris back. Go find it.~

No I'm not about to find this beast. It's 9:00 and we have at least 2 more hours until it leaves. Go find it.~ Why couldn't I shake this idea, this thought. For some strange reason I actually thought about it.

If I go find him I could gain a lot of information. No! I can't find him! But... it could actually change something, right? Oh what the heck, what harm can it do, God I hope it can't do no harm. "Chris hold that thought I'm going to find Hot Pink." I had texted him. I waited for a response, and then I saw that he read, and as soon as he read it he started to type. My heart was beating a thousand beats per minute.

"WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?" He had responded to me. "Chris I know I know but I have to, are you in?" He read it, and I waited for a response. "😪 Yes." He texted back to me. A smile was plastered on my face. "Okay meet me at the park." He read it and replied. "Okay see you soon."

It was easy for me to escape since half of my family was asleep, and the rest of my siblings who were up were probably just zoned in on their phone, so the escape was really easy.

Once at the park, I seen a manly figure walk towards the park. The figure approached closer, and closer, I made out Chris. "Hey Marlie." He said almost excited in a way. "Hey Chris." I said almost in the same tone. "So what's your plan??" Oh crap I forgot I needed one of those. I looked around, for an answer. But then I had the perfect idea, well not perfect, but it was a plan.

"Chris I need you to drive." "I-I'm sorry what." I rolled my eyes. "I have a plan I need you to drive." He didn't ask any questions, he.. just did what I asked for.

We walked over to his Ford Flex and he started to drive.

About 10 minutes in the drive, we had our first sign that he was close. I was looking hard for him. I seen what looked like a small flash of smoke, and fire. "There!!" I exclaimed. I pointed to the right, and Chris made a quick U-Turn, and shifted the car in that direction. We were headed into a small suburb area. Some houses had lights on on the outside, other houses looked so empty, it was almost like a ghost town. There were houses of many different sizes, and different colors.

I heard the footsteps get heavier, and I seen the small flames of smoke get bigger, and bigger. "Chris stop the car!" I exclaimed. "What are you crazy!!" "Yes! Now stop the car please!" "What if you get hurt Marlie!" I stopped, and looked at him. "Well.. I'm just going to have to get hurt."

I think he seen how serious I was, because he just stopped the car. Just like that, he had stopped the car. I opened the car door, and stepped out, I gave him one last look, and left.

I was running behind him. The smoke surrounded me like tall trees, and the flames made it look ever so scary. This was almost like a scene from a scary movie.

I had slowed down my running to a jog. I was jogging trying to not run ahead of him.

I had completely stopped running by this point, so that means  nows the time. I wasn't so sure if the plan I had was going to work, but it's worth a try, right?

I took a long deep breath, and held my hands out, just like before. Just like how I did it before. What if it doesn't work? My hands started to lower. What if something bad happens? My hands, and head were down. I felt so defeated.

My heart is going fast again, and now I'm scared. Everything slowed down, and my heart beat was the only thing I could hear. I closed my eyes and took a breathe. I came all this way just to give up, No! I ran again until I found the perfect position to catch him, and was I found that perfect spot I did it.

I held my hands out just like before, but this time it felt different I felt more confident about it. I had my hands out but he didn't stop, and I didn't give up.  I kept my hands out, and I yelled. "STOPPP!!!" I was panting really bad.

A big cloud of smoke rushed pass me and him. Did he stop? Everything went quiet, and the only sound that could be heard was the crackling sound coming from the small fire around us. I heard his heavy, loud footsteps. And he must have been close because I felt my whole body vibrate. I looked around frantically trying to find him, and I did he was walking towards me.

My eyes were really wide, I couldn't believe what happened. He stopped in front of me, almost like he didn't want to hurt me. "What do you want from us?!!?!" I called out. I didn't even know if he could respond to me or even talk.

He got down, and he was laying down on his stomach. And I finally got to see his face. His fur was covering pretty much everything on his face, from his eyes, to his mouth. And it was so Pink. I slowly walked towards him, but strangely I wasn't afraid. I felt calm, and comfortable with him. I was right in front of him, and I could feel, and hear his heavy breathing. I put my hand on his nose, and quietly said. "What do you want?" "Family death place." He said in a robot deep voice type of way.

I was completely taken back by what happened, he talked to me.

So.... hi. I know I know I'm horrible. I let my people suffer (more like I blessed y'all) 😂😂. Anyways I hope that you guys have a safe and wonderful Spring break, if y'all are going out of town like I am, I hope that y'all are safe, so until next time, also thank you for reading, so bye~ 👋🏽👋🏽