The News

"Hey, Dwayne, you ready for this shoot?" Maria asked setting up a pair of soft-box lights behind a table that was overflowing with beauty products. He stared at the copious amount of bottles and brushes that laid before him and let out a sigh.

"I guess I'm going to have to be," he said slightly shuddering.

" Oh boo-hoo, po Dwayne," she mocked shifting her focus towards the camera and mic. "Ya nervous?"

"Shut up," he coldly responded.

She threw her head back in laughter as her big kinky dark red hair sashayed in the air.

"Well-you did say that you were going to help with my channel. Plus you owe me." Dwayne cocked his head to one side; a frown formed across his face. "Owe you? What ya mean 'owe you?'"

She looked into Dwayne's eyes, gently massaging his scruffy goatee and sighed shaking her head.

"Dwayne, Dwayne, Dwayne-when are you gonna ever learn?"

"Maria, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Let's get this video started, shall we?" she said tapping his cheek before sitting at the table. Dwayne confused, stood motionless; helpless like a baby foe stuck in headlights. "Boy, if you don't get your self in this chair..."

Dwayne still standing, looked over to her as if he was asking for an explanation for his question. Slightly annoyed, Maria got from her seat and began dragging him to the chair that was placed next to hers. She took a long drawn out breath and hit RECORD on the camera.

"Yo what's good everybody? It's ya girl MerryMaria and welcome back to another episode of-Make-up Monday where we do all things make-up," she announced to the camera. "On today's show we have a familiar face..." Dwayne groaned internally. She's lucky I love her. He thought to himself.

"... For those who have been following the channel since day one, will recognize this handsome face," she continued subtly caressing his ears; Dwayne mentally rolled his eyes. Let's get this over with.

"...My editor, boo thang, and childhood bestie, Dwayne, who's going to help with today's challenge."

"And what challenge is that?" Dwayne asked trying to match the energy of his girlfriend.

Maria's famous heartwarming smile grew across her face and for the first time in many year, he saw her light brown eyes sparkle under the artificial glow of the Soft Box lights that sat perpendicular to a black DSLR camera. Dwayne took a quick glance at the camera monitor and noticed that her tanned olive skin had a heavenly shine as it fought the lights for radiance.

"Glad you asked Dwayne," she said; her hair bounced around matching her "Youtube Personality". "In today's Make-Up Monday, my buddy Wayne here is going to be my guinea pig as I attempt to do his make-up in the style of a famous villain that you, the audience chose over on my Twitter, @MerryMaria where you's guys choose-drumroll please..." she continued rapidly tapping her thighs. " Jafar from Disney's Aladdin!" she squealed in excitement. " Totally one of my faves!"

"We all know that Marie," he said playfully rolling his eyes as a soft smirk formed across his face. Throwing her head back, Maria laughed flashing the camera her small gap between her to front teeth. "Shut up you waste man," she said, her Toronto accent flowing from her voice.

"Let's just get this over with still," he said handing her the foundation. She giggled one last time before starting the transformation of her boyfriend into a classic renaissance Disney villain.