Chapter 9- Truth Be Spoken

(Truth be spoken, I'd rather be watching some straight Tracer ships right now, but unfortunately that's not possible...)

(Off topic! let's get to it!)

I was woken up by my maid. I shot up, startling her back. She tripped over something and fell over, dropping the tray she was holding, spilling the contents on the floor. "Are you okay!?" I asked, worried. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said, getting up and picking up the tray. 

"I'll...Get you some more breakfast." I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Besides, I want to talk to you." I said. She put down the tray and sat on a chair next to me. I was just now beginning to look at her. She was a little shorter than me, and she had a thin body. Her face was cute, and she had a huge, poofy ponytail. 

"What's your name?" I asked, examining her baseball cap. She smiled and blushed. "My name's Christina." She replied. There was a knock at the door, and Christina went to open it. In came a trooper in a hoodie, holding a box. 

"Here are your effects, general." He said, dropping the box on my lap. He promptly left. I opened the box, And as soon as I opened it, Echo flew out, did a lap around the room, and landed on the backboard of the bed. I looked through the rest of the box, and found my sword, Magnum, and Tommy gun were inside it. I set the box aside next to my bed. "What's happening today, Christie?" I asked. 

"Oh!" She said, startled. "There are going to be people visiting you from now until lunch, then from lunch until dinner." She replied. "Speaking of which, they should be here any second. I'll open the door for the first person." She walked over to the door and opened it, then she stood in the doorway, waiting for people.

About a minute later, Scout entered the room, and Christina closed the door behind him. I was surprised he didn't try to flirt with Christina on his way in. "Yo, what's buzzin', cousin?" He exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood. I grinned and moved my legs so he could sit on the bed. 

"How are you?" He asked. I held up my useless metal hand. "I've been better." I responded. He immediately stared at the metal hand. "You have a METAL HAND?" He asked, getting excited. "That is SO COOL!" I grinned, then I tucked the hand under the covers. 

"Not that cool when you can't move it." I said, my smile falling. Scout's face fell as well. "Oh." Scout's face immediately perked back up. "You know what this means!" Scout said, pointing two fingers at me. 

I was about to ask him, but I realized what he was hinting at and scowled. "Don't you-" I started, but it was too late. 

"Looks like you've got a mech-HAND-ichal replacement!" Scout exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. My only response was flopping my face onto the bed. Christina giggled, and Scout proceeded to spit out more hand-related puns.

After 30 minutes of hand puns, Scout had to leave. "Let me know if you need a HAND!" Scout said as he walked out the door. In came Andr, who threw herself on me, wrapping her arms around my body. 

"Thank goodness you're okay." She said.

 "CAN'T- BREATHE" I choked, and Andr released me. 

"S-sorry..." She muttered, sitting on the bed. 

"It's fine." I replied. "I know everyone is real excited to see me alive." 

Andr looked at my hand. "I can't believe Tamson would do this to you." She said, worry in her voice. I put my right hand on her shoulder.

 "He's not himself." I said. "His mind's been altered by the Shadows." She looked at me, and I gave her a reassuring smile. 

"Timeist made that design, you know." She said, nodding towards the metal hand. "I figured." I replied. "He is the head technician." Andr hung her head. "I should go." She said, walking out the door.