Saving Summer (Completed)

Dedicated to @xAmberr_1Dx for editing this. YOU IZ AWESOME, AMBER. I love youu!

Based off of the song Crazy Mary by FM Static.

~'~'~

Crazy Mary is a slogan who looks up to no one.

Would do anything for a cold one.

Wishes she could find her way home.

Got the look on her face and the stare of a ray gun.

We walked by everyday And I wish there was something I could do for her.

~'~'~  

She glanced around. It was the usual drift of people, one or two sparing disgusted looks towards her. One particular lady turned her nose up at the sight of a girl wearing ripped and stained clothes so Summer stared daggers right back at her, before retreating backwards. Letting out a sigh, she walked until her back hit the smooth brick of the wall. She slid down until her butt hit the ground and her knees were against her chest.

She found herself wishing - not for the first time in the last hour - that she had a beer in her hand. Although it was chilly out, a beer would be refreshing. If only she had the money to afford it. Her fingers dawdled around the bold numbers on her phone, as she toyed with the thought of calling home.

She knew nothing good would come of talking to her parents, it would be the usual screaming fight that ended with tears in her eyes and her hands trembling. Summer knew she made mistakes; she wasn't a saint.

Quite far from a saint, actually.

Why should her parents forgive her? Why should they let her back into their lives? She really wasn't worth it. So instead of dialing the familiar number, she let out an audible sigh, her fingers letting out a steady beat against the pavement.

~'~'~

Maybe if I took a little time to talk,

Then she'd heal a little, if she wants to,

She can run, but let's teach her how to walk away,

now I'll shake a little if she wants to,

She'll laugh a little if she needs to,

There's a key to the door that she's hiding behind.

~'~'~

Summer couldn't summarize into words her surprise when there was a young man sliding down the wall right next to her. A chuckle emitted from his lips as he said, "Wow, sliding down that is not as easy as it looks."

Summer simply raised an eyebrow at him, scooting a bit farther away from him. He offered her what looked like a hot chocolate from the Starbucks a few blocks away. She politely shook her head, brown hair swooshing to the side as she turned away. Summer felt him place the drink next to her. He didn't make any attempts at talking, he simply sat there sipping at whatever coffee he had.

Summer tilted her head slightly to take in his profile. He had jet black hair that drifted down in front of his eyes. She couldn't quite see his eyes, but they looked to be green or blue. He had a darker skin tone, a silky caramel colour. He wasn't poor, she could tell that much. He had expensive jeans, a dark blue form-fitting graphic tee and a warm looking jacket.