chapter one

My name is Diana and am a mermaid. Literally humans don't believe mermaids exist but of course my kind have existed ever since God created the ocean and the creatures in it. We believe humans to be very dangerous to us and the hatred had existed for generations. Am 22 years old and soon be married to prince Adrian. Although I love going to the surface seeing humans at the ocean shores they call beach. Wearing little things covering their mammary glands and pelvic girdles they call it bikinis. It's pretty. I look a lot like them when  am out of the ocean on the surface but when am inside the ocean I look a lot different from them which humans think it's scary. We get to have sharp teeth, scary black eyes, scaly skins, gills and fins. Speaking of which, Humans possess legs I believe for walking and we have fins for balance and swimming. I always come to the surface every season of the year  humans call summer that's when alot of humans famale and male come for holidays. Speaking of males, have been seeing a man they call  him Jack, he looks popular among  girls and of course good looking. I go to the surface most of the time to see jack. He doesn't know me but I know him too well. I know what time the goes to the beach. He is muscular and has a black spiky hair. I enjoy watching him skate on water, I wish I could meet him one day unfortunately that's never gonna happen because we have learnt that their is a research institute near the beach in which they believe very much that we exist. And of course when they catch any of us we are gonna become their specimen. We have learned to keep our identities a secret. And it is therefore an offence to go to the surface that has a great consequence. But I as a mermaid find the ocean boring but being in the surface seeing incredible diverse inventions and watching their ways is so fun to me and of course Jack. As usual have found my way out of the ocean. Am very good at sneaking out of places. Right now am at the surface at my usual hideout where it is impossible for any one to site me. I like seeing my skin looking like humans--.
                    ******
   "Who's is that?" Said a man looking through a telescope. His partner collected the telescope "Oh no! It's a mermaid you punk!" He exclaimed. "Got ya!".
Soon they paddled towards Diana who was lost in whatever she was doing. They threw a net at her as she tried to struggle her way out. Soon two mermen came to her rescue helped her out as they swam away at their best pace. Diana knew the consequences of her actions and she was ready to face it. Soon she realised the two mermen that came to rescue her were Adrian's guards and he had sent them to watch over her. As soon as Adrian was told what her fiancee had done he got fiercely disappointed. He was naturally an hot tempered person and could do anything when he's angry without thinking of the backlash. "Am so so disappointed in you Diana! You have not only endangered your life but the lives of everyone in the ocean. You have no idea what they will do to you when they catch you. When they catch you, you're gone for good. You become their pet or they kill u and soon they ll come for more!" He yelled. "Am so sorry" Diana cried in a low voice. "Am afraid the next time you try something like this am not gonna save you!" He snapped
She smiled "am not gonna be locked up?". "No". That was so unusual of him. He's always like that once a year.
       Three days later Diana got tired of the ocean. The same things occuring over and over everyday no new stuff. She could not go to places without the guards Adrian ordered to follow her everywhere. She really wanted to see Jack. She got up at night and saw the guards asleep. Planning to stay at d surface till Dawn when Jack will come around. As soon as she got to the surface The captors were waiting and this time with greater forces before she could escape they caught her and injected her a sleeping drug. She blacked out.
     Soon she opened her eyes and found herself in an aquarium smaller than the cells in the ocean. And she was back to her normal self. Known to humans as the scary looking mermaid body.   When they are outside the ocean they can speak any language spoken to them but inside the ocean they have a different language which humans don't understand. Jack entered seeing the mermaid he screamed in suprise " Whaooo! What the fuck!" Unfortunately Jack is the son of the researcher in charge of  capturing Diana. "It's a mermaid son, they are real" said Mike, Jack's Dad.   
                     *******