Arai-kun x Reader| Lemme Smash

I've bewn really good friends with Haruhi and Arai, and I applied to Ouran just like Haruhi and I got accepted in as well. We had the same class and she had gotten sucked into the Host Club.

She dragged me along for the heck of it.

Haruhi got a job over the summer in Okinawa.

She dragged me there too.

The host club found us.

Mori and I sat together at a table when the door opened.

"Arai produce," a boy said.

I immediately got up and gave him a hug

"Haruhi! It's Arai-kun!" I yell.

To the host club, this is the most excited and loud I've ever been.

Haruhi came out and said hey.

I watched as he also got roped into the host club.

It then got to the 'Haruhi' topic.

He used to like her.

She accidentally turned him down.

She left him hurt and he came to me to soothe his hurt.

And I liked him so it really hurt me when he only talked about Haruhi.

"But, after I got over Haruhi I had someone else in mind for a while," Arai said and I slowly looked up slightly interested.

"Oh, did you?" Tamaki said his ear perking up too.

"Yeah, it took me a while to notice it," Arai looked at me while I looked back. His face went red and he stuttered, "a-actually I was just looking for (y/n). Well not looking but hoping by some miracle to run into them."

"Wow, talk about crazy luck!" I say with a slight laugh.

.

After the events of the twins, Arai came up to me back from my way outside.

"Hey, uhh... I wanted to talk to you," he said not making eye contact.

"Uhh alright?" I say leaning against the wall looking at him.

"That person who I like now is... You. I've kinda always like you but you were way out of my league and Haruhi was a phase because I felt like you didn't like me back," he said slowly

I looked at him and smiled.

"Good, I've been waiting since middle school for this," I reply before giving him a hug.

"Sooo.... Lemme smash?" He asked.

"Maybe."