unMoored

Summary: Three years ago, Evangeline Whedon recruits John Proudstar / Thunderbird to lead the Atlanta station for the Mutant Underground. In the present, she refuses to take on the Inner Circle but gives Thunderbird the location of a mutant, Erg, who may know more. Caitlin and Reed continue to argue about Andy while Lauren reveals to her father she has her own trauma from killing fifteen people back in Atlanta. Meanwhile, Jace Turner tries to be a lawyer but is still obsessed with mutants, before telling his wife that he can move on. Andy and Lauren have shared dreams which interfere with his training. As Reeva and the Frosts kill any humans involved with Dawn's birth, Reeva considers killing Andy for trying to contact his family, but instead motivates him to complete his training. Polaris discovers baby Dawn is very sick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometime after 7/15, John was fighting in bars for money. A woman named Evangeline approaches him with a proposition. She says she works with the X-Men and asks him to run the Mutant Underground in Atlanta. We all know how that turned out.

In the present, John checks in on Marcos. Marcos is worried about Polaris and the baby. Marcos won’t give up though. He even bought an expensive bottle of champagne for when the baby was born. But the hope is killing him. Marcos knows the Inner Circle is up to something and Polaris and their baby are in the middle of it. He’s frustrated because he doesn’t know what it is. John says he knows someone who may be able to help them.

Reeva tells the Frosts that the blackout is causing too much attention. They convinced the city that it was a lightning strike, but Reeva wants to eliminate all witnesses. Esme says they have no one to worry about. Her sisters call her soft and blame Esme’s time with Mutant Underground. Reeva doesn’t care. She send the Frosts to take care of the guard and the manager who saw them at the warehouse.

Last week, Clarice and John were helping a girl, Christina, find her sister Jasmine. Lauren and Clarice tell Christina that they found her. Christina asks to go with them to get Jasmine, but it’s too dangerous. Christina breaks a lamp trying to convince them. Lauren reminds her that they are in hiding and can’t draw attention to themselves.

Lauren has another dream about Andy, but this time, he’s angry when he sees her. He tries to ignite their Fenris power and Lauren tries to pull away. This time, Lauren pulls so hard that she falls over the side of the building. Andy runs to the edge, but Lauren disappears. Andy wakes up from the dream.

Jace Turner returns home from work. He has been working for a private security firm for the past three months. And he’s in therapy after what happened in Atlanta. He mentions the blackout in DC, but Paula, his wife stops him. She knows about the Mutant Underground files he keeps in the attic. She begs him not to go down this road again.

John tells Clarice about Evangeline and the extreme measures she took to put him through detox. He thinks Evangeline can help them find the Inner Circle. That’s if she’s still talking to him.  

The Frosts go to the warehouse where Polaris gave birth. They kill the security guard and the manager. Then they destroy the building. Just as Reeva asked them to do.

Caitlin packs a bag. She has agreed to go with John and Marcos to see Evangeline in Philadelphia. Reed tries to talk her out of it, but they end up fighting. Reed reminds her again, Andy chose to leave them. He says they need her at home. She’s become a ghost since Andy left and isn’t there for Lauren. Caitlin says Reed is obsessed with work. He asks her not to go for the family. Caitlin says the family is why she has to go.