Proposal [Sonadow]

[Normal POV]

Sir Lancelot walked down the halls of the castle.  The armor he was in clanking on the carpet and brick flooring.  His helmet was taken off and held to his left side with his arm securing it.

His normal expressionless face showed worry and nervousness.  Lancelot had been walking up and down the halls.  He had been like this the day Sonic er the king had gotten sick.  Well of course he would worry.

The two were both together and Lancelot worried about him a lot more than he used to when they were just friends.  The knight stopped to take a deep breath ears falling back before he continued on with his panicked walking.  Sonic had been fine the day before yesterday.  Sitting on his throne in the throne room tending to his duties.  Well, now that he thinks of it the king did seem mode tired than usual. 

[Flash Back]

Sonic yawned as he leaned back into his throne as another servant left the room with a lot of papers.  His knight that just so happened to also be his boyfriend was standing on the right side of his throne.  Lancelot stood tall, sword in hand placed onto the floor while his hands calmly held the top of the handle.  His helmet was one therefore Sonic couldn't tell if his lover was looking at him but he did know that the black hedgehog kept glancing to him.

Once the servant left to room and Sonic was practically laying down in the throne, Lancelot spoke up which startled him.  "Arthur" the deep voice spoke.  The king jumped up ears twitching before he turned to the armored Knight.  He was still looking to the door not turning his gaze to Sonic.  But the king knew he was listening carefully.  "Yes?"

"Are you alright?" Lancelot started before taking a deep sigh which was muffled by the helmet he had.  "You don't seem yourself..."

Sonic smiled happy his lover was worried and shook his head before remembering Lancelot wasn't looking to him.  "No I'm fine Lance." This made the knight turn his head.  "Are you sure? You're normally a lot more exited." He stated worry laced in his voice.

The king chuckled and put a arm onto the arm of the throne and putting his head down onto his hand.  "I guess I've just been tired recently..." Sonic admitted softly.

Lancelot flipped part of his helmet up so Sonic could see those deep red orbs which he could get lost in for days.  "Any reasons why my lord?"
Sonic sighed at that, "Lance were alone, you don't have to be formal."

Though the blue hedgehog couldn't see the taller gave a smile.  "I know."

The moment was ruined quickly though.  Sonic gave a small chuckle but half way though it he began coughing abruptly.  As quickly as he could Lancelot dropped his sword and started to rub Sonic's back in hopes of helping him.

[End of flash back]

Lancelot clenched his fists.  "He seemed fine" he thought to himself trying to understand what happened.  Lancelot sighed once again and put his helmets into his other arms hold.  He turned it upside down and looked at the box that was inside of it.  He gave a small smile to himself before he took a deep breath and walked down the hallway to Sonic's room.

Upon getting to the closed door he took a deep breath before lifting a armored hand and knocking.  He was worried that if he did this now while Sonic was still sick it may harm him more.  But he couldn't wait and needed to know the answer.  A answer finally came from the inside of the door "Come in!"

Lancelot opened the door and stepped in before closing it again.  There eyes didn't even meet yet and Sonic was already happy to see him.  "Lancelot!" He yelped happily.  The knight looked up to see his lover in his bed.  Arthur had a fever but apart from that he was great.

Lancelot didn't even have to say anything back to Sonic before he started to speak again.  "Come over here I wanna hug!" He whined lifting up his arms like a child.

The knight chuckled and walked over to the side of the bed and bent over wrapping his arms around Sonic's waist.  In return the blue hedgehog wrapped his arms around Lancelot's neck and rested his head onto his shoulder.  They both loved these heart felt moments.  When they could just be themselves and show there love without having duties to deal with.

Sonic was the first to pull away and looked to crimson eyed hedgehog in the eye.  "I missed you..." He said softly ears falling as well.  Lancelot was silent for a moment examining Sonic before bending down more to kiss Sonic's head.  "I'm sorry I couldn't visit you sooner, I had duties to attended to, but I missed you as well." He stated as he pulled away from him.

The king smiled at that "Its fine, I'm happy your here now." Lancelot smiled back before pointing over to the wall to direct Sonic's attention.  "What's that?" Sonic's ears twitched and he raised a eyebrow "Hmm?" He turned so he could looked over to the wall were the knight pointed.  "I don't see anything."

As Sonic said that Lancelot got down onto a knee taking the box out of his helmet and putting it down onto the floor before holding the box out his armor clanking.  Sonic's ears twitched before falling "Lance you didn't leave did you?" He asked as he turned his head back around only to spot Lancelot on one knee in front of him.  Eyes wide he yelled,"Oh god!" Tears welling up in his eyes.

Lancelot gave a cough before he began to talk "Arthur, we have been together for a long time, and we have been talking about getting married for a while now..." He started as he opened the box to reveal a diamond ring.  The knight gripped onto the box tighter afraid that his king wouldn't except even though they have been together for a long time.

"Sonic, will you marry me?" He asked looking up to his lover.  Crimson orbs meet green watery ones.  "Lance...." Sonic whimpered voice cracking as tears started to roll down his cheeks.  Before Lancelot could stand up and do anything Sonic pounced onto him with a big hug "Yes!Yes!Yes!" He yelled his approval.

Lancelot caught Sonic in his arms and gave a large smile his own eyes watering as well.  Too be honest he never knew what real happiness was until he met Sonic.  The knight lifted a hand and put a hand onto Sonic's cheek making the king look up to him as he he whipped tears away with a thump.  Without a second thought Sonic raised his hands and grabbed both sides of Lancelot's face before smashing his lips onto his.

The two shared a small kiss before Sonic backed up and put his head to Lancelot's forehead.  "Yes." Lancelot gave a large smile and took the ring out of the box before slipping it onto Sonic's ring finger.  The two kissed once again "I love you."