Part 6

"Hey!"

Maanvi came to an abrupt halt as she heard someone called her by her name.

"Maanvi, right?" the person smiled, now extending his hand.

"Yes, how did you know?" she stood there perplexed as the young man smiled again

"Yes, how did you know?" she stood there perplexed as the young man smiled again.Who was he to disrupt her bhangra? She was quite enjoying herself, dancing merrily when the stranger decided to drop in.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," the guy began," I'm Prem. Glad to meet you!"

She hesitantly shook his hand, her eyes still filled with confusion.

"I'm not going to bite you know!" Prem exclaimed, "I'm not one of the vampires out there!"

She chuckled, tension easing off at his remark.

"Toh kahiye, aap ne kaise padhaar diya..aur kyoun?" she finally smiled back.

"Bas aise hi, US se yahaan aagaya..bhai ki shaadi mein..Yun, samajh lijiye..aap jaise khaas logon se milne.."

She smiled.She knew, he was perhaps trying to get to know about her, perhaps even trying to flirt with her, but there was something in his genuine smile that made her feel alright.

"US se aaye the aap?" she asked, shaking off his words, attempting a new conversation.

"Haan! Infact, mere saare dost aaye the! Shaadi keliye.."

"Oh!" she mumbled before staring in another direction.

"Aap dance bahut acchi kar lethi ho!" he remarked again," I mean- I wouldn't be able to do bhangra even after an years training! That was brilliant!"

"Thanks!" she felt elated at the compliments, but couldn't really understand why he was doing that.Sure, she could ask him to get away, but he wsn't trying anything wrong.Poor guy, from US, must have found the dance interesting, she thought smiling.

"Arey! Prem!" she looked around to spot Virat's mother(Viren's mother too) rushing towardstheir direction.

"Prem, beta, Kaise ho?" the elderly woman inquired as the younger lad took her blessings, "jeethe raho, beta! "

"Virat! Zara yahaan aao beta!" she cried in delight, "dekho kaun aaya hai?"

"Main usse mil chuka hoon maa.." Prem replied calmly," aap se milke accha laga."

"Oh, hume bhi beta..do saal hogaye..Let's go! Puja, Atul, Shekar..Voh kaise hai?" she asked as Maanvi eyed them both with interest.

"Voh bhi aaye hai, maa," Prem smiled.

'Oh god! Virat ka bhai bhi hai? Jiju ke ek bhai se nipatna hi mushkil hai..ab doosra aagaya?' Maanvi mused.

"Maanvi! Meet Prem, Virat ke bachpan ka dost!" maa answered her question, as if she had read her mind.