Unessential life

The world is small but so large it overwhelms me. Our bridges and highways and towns are lines and dots upon the enormity of the world and our biggest issues are so inadequate and our lives so unessential and our deaths so unimportant yet we let our entire lives be overwhelmed by our issues and towns and plans and death and not by the enormity of this lively yet lifeless planet.

  Our issue in life isn't under involvement it's over involvement. We are too wrapped up in our routines and our gossip and our problems to realize that it's not worth it. We spent too much time being involved in other people's lives and not enough time just doing things that make us happy. We don't commit, we don't work, we miss out because we are worried and for what? What are we worried about? The absolute worst thing that can possibly happen to you you won't be remembered for. You won't be remembered by your dad's death or your depression.  And even though those things are dramatic and life changing they won't be our legacy. Our legacy is the good that we do, the travels the risks the love the heartbreak. That's what we leave behind. Not our scars not our issues not our weight not our self esteem.

   The world is so big that these simple trivial matters that change our entire life in effect do nothing to the people around us. And that's pretty damn cool.