Chapter II

Kacey locked herself in the girls single stall bathroom on the first floor. Farthest away from the stairs to the basement. Her hand held a firm grip on the side edges of the bathroom sink. Her gaze met up with the reflection in the mirror. What looked back at her wasn't exactly her. It was her Darker Self, her dark shadow, her soul self. Most of her looked the same except for the eyes, instead of Kacey's light brown-hazel eyes, they were solid black with dark veins going from her eyes to kid cheek.

"What are you doing? You should've let me finish him." Her dark self spoke in an angry tone.

"You were going to kill him!" Kacey responded back. Her grip tightened around the sinks edge. Her fingers tips practically cracking into polymer of the sink.

"Let me take control. It will be easier. For both of us."

**

Adora and Grayson had searched most of the building before they found Kacey. It took Grey a few minutes of banging till Adora decided to pick the lock with her hair clip.

Inside the bathroom seemed a bit unhinged. The wall mirror cracked and Kacey in the corner curled into herself. Crying.

"Kacey! What happened?" Adora slide towards her.

She didn't move at first which prompted Adora to repeat her question. Kacey gradually lifted her head.

"She had gotten stronger." Kacey answered.

"Who is she?"

"My dark shadow. I can barley control her: I didn't want to hurt Virgil. I don't want to hurt any of you."

"Virgil is fine." Adora replied. She grabbed Kacey's arm in an attempt to calm her.

Grey spoke up. "You're not going to hurt any of us. I promise you Kacey."

Promise. Stupid Promises. Tonie promised she wouldn't hurt anyone and then Kacey threw Virgil into a dust old bookshelf because she had no control of her powers. Now Grey promised that she wouldn't hurt them. That isn't going to happen. Promises were nothing but words with no meaning or reason. She tensed up a bit but slowly pulled her legs away from her chest sitting up. She whipped the tears away from her eyes. "Oh god. I'm such a mess." She said. The three letting out a light chuckle.

"Let's get back" Adora suggested standing up holding out a hand for Kacey.

She pulled her legs away from her chest. Her back sitting upright against the cold bathroom wall. Her arm brushed whatever mess had been left on her tear stained face.
Everyone sat on the floor, in a circle when Grey, Adora and Kacey walked in. The room sat quietly. No one would mention what had happened. No one really seemed to want to. An unspoken agreement fallen upon the room. The two, probably most powerful of the group and now one of them were injured cause the other can't control her power. Ty and Melanie moved the circle outwards to make room for the three.

Two weeks went by of more training. Each one more intense then the last. Each finding their strong point in a fight and their weaknesses. Figuring out different ways to control and use their powers that they didn't before. And with each passing day the group became more and more acquainted.  They have even made plans after school to meet up. Although most of them went to different schools and a few different grades, they would all wait up for each other. Adora, a senior and Greyson a junior at Avalon High. Kacey and Ty were both Juniors at Maridon High, a private school that took families plenty of years to enroll at least one children. Tuesday attended Miss. Cavelons All girls boarding school. A prestigious school that most girls that attended went to top ranking school for college. Melanie attended Madison Junior High and Virgil happened to be homeschooled.