Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 5: The Credit Card

Evening bags should be just big enough for my phone, lipstick, house key, and credit card.

-Laura Wasser

*

Laila Fiorenza's POV

"...how are you coping in America, Laila?"

I sighed when I heard the familiar voice of Rafe in the other line. It's been a week since I arrived here in New York and met the annoying Greek billionaire, Nikos Pallis. "I am fine, Rafe. Don't worry about me."

"Does the Greek man treat you well?"

I eyed the bedroom of the man in question. He still hadn't gone out of his room after he forbid me from entering his kitchen while his housekeeper did the kitchen works. "Laila...?"

"Yes, Rafe," I replied, rubbing my temple. I already missed the old town of Ragusa, Sicily. This concrete jungle didn't suit me. "He treats me well."

"He wasn't rude or anything hasn't he, Laila?" my dearest love inquired from the other line. How my heart ached to hear his voice but I couldn't see him in person. I feel like I betrayed him when I let Nikos Pallis kissed me.

"No. He's a perfect host." I frowned slightly. Why do I need to lie for that arrogant man? I asked myself silently.

"Are you sure, Laila?"

I feigned a fake laugh for his benefit. "Of course, Rafe. I am sure. When did I ever deceive you?"

I heard him sigh on the other line. "All right, I already miss you terribly, cara mia. I am now working with Cesare in tracking down Leila. Please wait a little more, my darling. I will get you out of that hellhole your father placed you."

My heart warmed at his words. It felt like he also feels the same way about me. But I might just be deluding myself here. "Rafe..."

"We already have lead in Leila's whereabouts," Rafe said on the other line with such conviction. "Last time they saw your twin sister, she's in Prague at the Charles Bridge."

I closed my eyes and sighed silently. What the heck is Leila doing in Prague? Was she all right? I certainly hope that she is.

"Where are you now precisely, Rafe?"

"Just got back here in Sicily from Prague," he answered tiredly. "We lost track again of Leila after she's been photographed in the Charles Bridge. There's a new lead again but I don't want to expect from it."

"Where's the new lead, Rafe?"

"Don't get your hope in it, darling," he said from the other line. "We know your sister is very good at hiding. She's as slippery as an eel."

I straightened from my seat on the sofa. "Where, Rafe?"

"Laila..."

"Please, Rafaelle," I begged him. I want to know about my twin sister's whereabouts. "Where is the new lead?"

I heard him take a deep breath and paused for a while before answering. I knew he's debating if he will tell me the truth or not.

"According to the men Cesare hired, she's now somewhere in Spain."

Spain?

Leila is in Spain right now?

I hope she's truly fine wherever she is right now.

"...Laila?"

"I'm still here." I smiled as I focused back my attention on Rafe on the other line. My dearest love. How I miss him terribly while I am away in Sicily. I wish that I was with him right now. I want to go home and be with him.

icon lock

Show your support for sweetblunch, and continue reading this story

by sweetblunch
@sweetblunch
Sicilian heiress Laila Fiorenza is ordered by her strict father to me...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 29 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetblunch.