Chapter Seven

Hermione

Hermione was enraged. She stormed out of the dungeons infuriated. Hermione was extremely mad at Ron but it was hard to stay mad now that the Triwizard Tournament was coming to Hogwarts. The Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students were arriving tonight. Hermione was trying to focus on maybe making friends with some Beauxbatons girls or maybe meet some Durmstrang boys. Hermione was trying to focus her mind on anything but Ron.

The reason Hermione was so angry with Ron was because he kissed her and gave her a note to make up for running away afterward. But alas, Hermione wasn't thinking about Ron.

Hermione met Harry and Ginny in the Great Hall to get ready for the Welcome Party. She sat down next to Harry who was drinking his pumpkin juice. "Hey," Hermione plopped down next to him and sighed.

"How was it?" Harry almost choked on his pumpkin juice.

"How was what?" Hermione asked.

"You and Ron," Harry raised an eyebrow. "Didn't you guys...?"

"Harry!" Hermione smacked Harry on the arm. "That's disgusting!"

"What, I just assumed-"

"Harry James, shut your mouth."

"I thought you-"

"I'm mad at him."

"For-"

"Don't ask me anything else please."

"I would-"

"Appreciate it if I stopped cutting you off, I know," Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Okay," Harry resigned. At that moment, Dumbledore stepped up to the podium.

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-" Dumbledore was cut off by Filch whispering something into his ear. As soon as he was done speaking, Filch wandered back through the Great Hall and out the door. "So," Dumbledore continued, "Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament." The crowd in the Great Hall started to murmur to those around them. "Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if you are chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. Now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madame Maxine!" At that moment, a flood of beautiful girls wearing pale blue blouses and skirts with pale blue hats. Must be their uniform, Hermione thought. All of them looked painfully blank-faced. They continued to greet Hermione's fellow Hogwarts students with seductive sighs. Harry and Seamus were immediately distracted and staring at the rear ends of the beautiful Beauxbatons girls.

"Bloody hell," Ron stammered. Hermione had hardly noticed him come in. But alas, back to Beauxbatons. The girls let of one more round of seductive sighs and butterflies flew out of nowhere from the crowd of girls. Butterflies, Hermione thought, bloody butterflies. Then, there was the Beauxbatons Headmistress, Madame Maxine. She was an extremely tall woman, she looked to be a half-giant. She was wearing a pink leopard print dress with a fluffy collar. She has high cheekbones, short brown hair, and plump red lips.

"Blimey, that is one big woman," Seamus wowed. Hermione considered slapping him. Next, there were girls doing back handsprings and ballet twirls up and down the aisles. Two girls posed in the front and bowed. The girl that seemed to be close to the headmistress was the most beautiful girl Hermione had ever seen. She had long blonde hair and was wearing what seemed to be the Beauxbatons uniform. Her blue eyes were doe-like. Every guy was drooling over themselves. Everyone applauded their performance. Especially Harry. Hermione smacked him and brought him back into his seat.

Dumbledore stepped back up to regain the attention of the Hogwarts onlookers. "Now, our friends from the North, please welcome the proud sons of Durmstrang and their High Master Igor Karkaroff!" One by one, heads turned to face the doors of the Great Hall as the Durmstrang students entered. The boys were extremely attractive in Hermione's eyes. They wore an all brown uniform and carried sticks that sparked when they hit them on the ground to their what seemed to be baton twirling routine. Hermione noticed how the fire sticks left specks of ash on the floor and thought it was incredibly rude. Finally, they dropped their sticks and hit the ground running. They broke into a gymnastics or a break dancing routine. Hermione really didn't know what it was. Lastly, there was another Durmstrang boy and a man with a beard trailing behind. The man, was their Head Master, Igor Karkaroff. He was wearing a nice white coat with a nice fur hat. The expression on his face was extremely unpleasant and it made Hermione uncomfortable. The student next to Headmaster Karkaroff was wearing the same fur hat as him and a huge brown fur trench coat. He was very handsome and Hermione knew she recognized him.

As the student and Igor Karkaroff walked past their table, Hermione heard Ron say, "It's him. Viktor Krum!" Right as Ron said that, Hermione flashed back to the Quidditch World Cup that her, Harry, and Ron had gone to before the start of the year. It was Viktor Krum the captain of one of the teams playing in the World Cup. He didn't look bad once Hermione saw his face. He looked straight ahead with his defined face twisted by a look of determination.

Hermione felt a twinge in her gut when Viktor looked at her. Hermione thought she saw him wink at her. Hermione was definitely excited for the Yule Ball.