Food Fight

"Hey T, do you know where the eggs are? I thought I put them in the pantry..." I called as I scrambled around the kitchen. I HAD to get these cookies done before my mum came over. And if my phone was correct, I had precisely 22 minutes and 43 seconds until she was here. Luckily, I had chosen a recipe that took 15 minutes to bake. But before I could even think about putting them in the oven, I needed to find those damn eggs.

"Oh, I put them in the fridge." Tayler said casually as he strolled over to grab a glass of milk from the fridge.

"Nuh-uh-uh!" I exclaimed, slapping his hand away. "I need that for the cookies. And why the hell did you put the eggs in the fridge?"

"I thought that's where they went..." Tayler sheepishly (and adorably) replies.

"Aw, baby. Remind me why I'm dating you again? It's obviously not for your brains." I giggled as I reached to grab the milk. Milk, then eggs. Right? Wait, let me check the recipe again.

"Excuse me? Say that again, I dare you." Tayler challenged with a hint of a smile on his face, grabbing an unknown item from the fridge and concealing it from my view.

Turning back to the bowl, I replied "I said, you're lucky you're hot, otherwise there's no way I'd be-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I heard a sickening crack as a cold, wet liquid settled on my head. Closing my eyes, I resisted the urge to scream.

"I swear to god, Tayler tell me you did not just crack an egg on my head. If you did, I will not hesitate to murder you."

"Sorry baby, but that was an egg and it is now all over your hair. Oh wait, not quite yet."

I felt his hand gently massage the gooey liquid even deeper into my scalp.

"There we go. Now it's all over your head. You're welcome."

Before he had the chance to run away, I turned around and grabbed his arm that was holding the other 2 eggs. In lightening quick speed, I smashed both onto his head and smooshed it into his face. Oh crap. It had just dawned on me what I'd done. I had just started a war.

"OH IT'S ON!" Tayler yelled as he grabbed the flour already on the counter and started running towards me. Screaming, I rounded the island and headed for the fridge. See if you can guess what I was after.

Realising I couldn't possibly open the door in time, I turned around and backed up against the fridge to see Tayler slowly coming towards me with a mischievous smile on his face and an open bag of flour in his hands.

"Tayler, stop, please don't baby, seriously I just had a shower and my mums coming soon and-"

"TOO LATE!" Tayler stated before dumping the entire contents on my head and shoulders.

Damn it. I knew sweet talking wouldn't stop him. Coughing, I attempted to remove as much of the dry ingredient from my eyes, nose and mouth before glaring at him.

Sensing that I was more annoyed than playful, he reversed tactics.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I know I shouldn't have done that but I thought we were having fun and it was in the heat of the moment and I-"

He didn't have the chance to finish his sentence as I poured the entire bottle of milk on his head. Ha, see if you like that Tayler. Talk about a taste of your own medicine.

"Oh you evil little minx. You'll pay for this!" Tayler said, shaking his head as he wiped the milk out of his eyes. I couldn't even focus on what he was saying I was laughing so hard, clutching my stomach as tears came out of my eyes. My very wet, ingredient covered eyes.

Tayler wrapped his arms around my waist and started laughing with me. Hey, it was a hilarious sight! Both of use were covered head to toe in things that are not designed to be covering humans from head to toe, with a huge mess on the floor and various empty ingredients spread out across the kitchen.

As we were laughing so loudly, we missed the sound of the doorbell ringing repeatedly. Wow, we were laughing hardly than I thought. After we calmed down a little, we had a moment where we stared into each other's eyes. We were both leaning in when I heard the doorbell ring yet another time.

Oh crap, my Mum!