Promising

As The woman is checking the man I'm still trying to stop the bleeding. "Come on Y/N you can't go." I shake her head. I hear a *Cling* On the floor next to me and see that the woman dropped the flashlight. "What happened?" She shakes her head, breathing heavily. "He didn't make it." The blood on her hands shines in the light, coming from the flashlight. "We gotta help her." I say, desperately. She lets out a shuddering breath and nods. She stands up and together we lift Y/N. I don't know where we have to go so I just follow.

We reach a room, which is brightly lit. There's a table in the middle, we walk to it. "Put her on here." She says as she wipes away everything that was on the table. I carefully put Y/N down on it and take her hand. The woman walks away and I keep pressure on the wound. A few minutes later the woman comes back with a first-aid kit and some alcohol. "I couldn't find anything else." she holds up a bottle of whiskey. I move aside, so the woman can do her job. She cleans the wound and stitches it up. She applies a bandage and is done. "She needs to rest." She says with a serious look directed at me. All I do is nod. "Follow me, we have a spare room." I smile, but stay next to Y/N's side.  "Thanks, but I'll stay here." I grab a chair that was in the corner and sit next to the table. Y/N breathing is slow. Almost calming. I breathe in and look at Y/N's shirt. It's completely ripped from the bullet. I want to change it, but I'm not sure if she'd like that, so I let it be. When the woman comes back, she has some food for me. "Thank you." I say as I bow my head slightly. I eat all of it and after that, I'm really tired. I look for something to do while waiting and see Y/N's bag in the corner of the room. I stand up and grab it. The shot made a big hole in the bottom. Her stuff is almost falling out. I open the zipper and grab out F/B. I scroll through the pages and start reading.

The woman walks in again, this time with antibiotics. "I'm Carmen by the way." She says as she hands me the antibiotics. "I'm Ellie." Carmen smiles. "Where is the girl?" I look around the room. "She is in her bedroom, I'll be going to her after you." I look down at my feet, still holding onto Y/N's hand. "How is she doing?" She asks. "She seems fine. her breathing is normal and the wound looks good." Carmen nods. She takes off the bandage and applies a new one. "Just tell me if you need anything." I smile. "Thank you, and I'm sorry about your husband." Carmen looks down at her hands, they're stil stained with hid blood. "Thanks, he was my brother though." She says with a small smile on her face. Carmen leaves the room and I go back to reading. Page 53. I read, page after page. When I eventually fall asleep.

I'm conscious again, on the floor. Pain flowing through my entire body. the place is on fire, and the heat is unbearable. I look around and spot a machete under one of the seats. I move my body, which causes more pain to pass through my body. But I fight through it. As I crawl to the seat, David kicks me in my stomach. "I knew you had heart. Y'Know, it's okay to give up. Ain't no shame in it." He says. But I don't give up. I crawl a bit further. "Guess not. It's not your style is it?" He says as he kicks me again. He sits on top of me and pull my head back. "You can try beggin'." He says "Fuck you." I spit back. David rolls me over, now I'm facing him. He chokes me while saying: "You think you know me huh? Well let me tell you something, you have no idea what I'm capable of." I reach out with my hand, trying to find the handle of the machete. My fingers brush against the end of the handle.  I find it, grab it and swing it to David's face. He rolls off me and I hit him, whit everything I've got. Again and again. All the rage comes out at once. "Ellie, Ellie! Stop, stop!" I hear and I struggle to get out of the hands that pulled me off the body, but then I hear his voice. Joel

Y/N P.O.V

My eyes slowly open, looking at a bright light. I'm dead. What else would be this fucking bright?  Then I hear Something rustling next to me. I fully open my eyes and see Ellie, sleeping. She is breathing heavy, sweating a bit and moving around a lot. I try to lift my arm to wake her but I pull back as soon as I do. "Fuck." I whisper. I grab my waist and feel a bandage. I turn back to Ellie. I reach out again, fighting against the pain. "Ellie, wake up." I say as I grab her hand, which was resting on the thing I'm lying on. I shake it a bit. Ellie slowly opens her eyes. They grow big when she sees me. "Y/N, you're up!" She says while standing up to get closer. "Yeah I am." I say, trying to mask the pain I'm feeling. Ellie takes my hand. "How are you feeling?" She asks. "I'm fine." I say, but with every movement, I feel a harsh pain shoot in my side. I flinch and Ellie sees this. "Try not to move." She says. The woman walks in and I look at her. "I'm Carmen." She says. "Y/N" I say. She nods. "We should get you to your room." Carmem says. Ellie helps me from the table and to our room.

Ellie's P.O.V

When we enter our room, I see that there are two beds. On one side I'm happy, but on the other, I'm kind of disappointed. I help Y/N into her bed and sit on the side. "Thank you, for everything." I say to Carmen again. She nods and leaves the room. I put my head in my hands, my elbows on my knees. "Ellie?" She asks. I shake my head. "I really thought I lost you." Y/N grabs my arm and I look at her. "Come here." She says. I turn around and lay down next to her. She puts her hand behind my head and around my shoulder. I rest my head on her chest. I feel it rising at every breath. I sigh. "I promise you, that I won't leave you." She says. She puts her hand on my head and starts stroking it. I smile and close my eyes, holding Y/N's other hand. I slowly fall asleep. When I'm asleep, I dream about our first kiss, under the lights in the party hall.